Respected Contributor

There were some great pictures in this blog.  Jane is always very positive and upbeat...I like that.  Her hairstyle was great, too!!!  

I'd surely rather be reading this blog than some of the sad stuff floating in the news these days.  It's light and cheerful.  I need more of that in my life right now!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Just another point of view:  I don't think I would have horned in on my kid's gig.  You want to expand your horizons in theater?  Find your own show.

I agree that for you personally that is a good thing. I don't think Jane will want to change her life to suit your needs. 

I never said she should.

Her foray into theater on the coat tails of her daughter seems selfish to me.

Honored Contributor
Omg! Snarky! Comments who don't know Jane personally. Unreal... Motherhood on the subject of gender is down right cruel. These comments had nothing to offer except speculation about the relationships between Jane and her family. Shame on all her took the time to post unkind words. Why not channel your energy and go out find someone to help. Volunteer at your local animal shelter.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Omg! Snarky! Comments who don't know Jane personally. Unreal... Motherhood on the subject of gender is down right cruel. These comments had nothing to offer except speculation about the relationships between Jane and her family. Shame on all her took the time to post unkind words. Why not channel your energy and go out find someone to help. Volunteer at your local animal shelter.

You may not agree with me, but my comments are not snarky.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Just another point of view:  I don't think I would have horned in on my kid's gig.  You want to expand your horizons in theater?  Find your own show.

I agree that for you personally that is a good thing. I don't think Jane will want to change her life to suit your needs. 

I never said she should.

I just read the blog.  I don't see anything wrong with it anyhow but the theatre did reach out to her.  

Jane has always been a performer and both of her daughters followed in her footsteps with ballet.

Respected Contributor

I predict Cara will wind up being a QVC host at some point. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I predict Cara will wind up being a QVC host at some point. 

I agree.  She seems to "audition" for it enough.

She has also changed gears a couple of times in her performing career.  The performing arts are not an easy way to make a living.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I never said she should.

I just read the blog.  I don't see anything wrong with it anyhow but the theatre did reach out to her.  

Jane has always been a performer and both of her daughters followed in her footsteps with ballet.

They did indeed reach out to her.  I just think, if it were me, and I was a public person such as Jane, I would have declined the offer, and let my daughter (who is new to the business)  "own" that show.  

Clearly others here don't see it my way at all.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Jane is surely proud of her daughters, with good cause because they seem like very nice, well-grounded girls.  I just wonder though if she'd be so enthused if she'd had two boys who liked to get sweaty and dirty?   Can't see her doing that. 

It's a funny thing about moms, we love the gender we get.  I'm sure she would have been as involved, loving, and proud of sons.  

I do love my son, but when I got pregnant 3 months after we adopted him (he was 4 days old and yes they are about a yr. apart 😧), in my heart, I wanted a girl. If there's a good foundation, mothers and daughters can have a profoundly close relationship. I knew there was a chance this would be my only pregnancy, but certainly would have dearly loved another son, as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

I find your comments quite snarky, as well. What's the difference between what's being said positive or negative on a thread and someone who trys to beat you down by saying it's not valid and we should not post on this topic? Maybe you're the one w/ a little too much extra time and unkind words. Just saying!