Respected Contributor

Love the items on the show and Jane is doing a terrific job, however, her bleached jeans don't seem appropriate for such a lovely set and beautiful items they are selling.  Valerie looks professional as always, but Jane's faded jeans look out of place, and seem more for an outdoor or garden show.  She's beautiful and her blouse is gorgeous, but would look better with a nice pair of slacks.....IMO

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Re: Jane and Valerie Parr Hill

The hosts aren't Barbie dolls we can dress up.  Just appreciate the fact that she did a good job.

Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 I noticed her jeans, too, and was a bit surprised because I've never seen her wear them. They're cute, though.

St. Patrick's Day Graphic #29

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised JT even wears jeans.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99

The host was Jane Brown.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Jayne looked great in her jeans and I LOVED her shirt.  What's her secret?  She's been looking younger and younger to me!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a feeling Valerie is styled by the producers according to who the target demographic is at a given time. I notice early in the morning and afternoon she always has her hair in a ponytail and a cardigan kind of a wholesome matronly look to appeal to the much older viewers. Valerie's final show of the day showed her with her hair down and a more relaxed look which I believe to be truer to her own styling off qvc. This look is softer and would appeal to younger viewers which the q is hoping to target. I like this look better and this pattern has happened before. As for what a host is wearing I really don't care. I don't find them to interfere with Valerie's items rather the set can be too much itself over styled with the the whole kitchen sink thrown in.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@blackhole99

The host was Jane Brown.

Obviously I didn't watch the show, JT is always getting flack for her fashion choices so I just chimed in. Of course JB is tall and thin so she can wear jeans well and does. @icezeus

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm too busy looking at how beautiful the set looks and how its decorated to pay attention to how Valerie and the host is dressed for the House To Home home decor shows.  I also consider it more important as to how Valerie and the host's personalities mesh---- Jayne Brown is very good paired with Valerie......she doesn't talk too much, she doesn't try to overpower Valerie and take over the show, and Valerie actually gets to speak and share her ideas and decorating tips!.....GREAT JOB JAYNE BROWN .... what she wore was not important to me at all....although I thought she looked nice...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”