Honored Contributor

Re: Jane and Greg the Camera Man

wrote:

I think the dance thing is cute.  None of them look tasered to me, they look like they're having fun.  No one is forcing viewers to watch though...

@DeepPurple

Really....you mean turning the channel is an option...WOW!!!!  Never wouldve thought of it.....Woman Frustrated

We are customers and allowed to give constructive feedback.....If a host makes us watch less thus buy less it impacts QVC, so this Forum provides them with valuable information....Qvcs revenues have been down for the last few quarters....so they need to take customer feedback seriously...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

If I watch it is for information on the products.  I really don't want to be entertained.  I  want to know what is being sold and everything about it.  I cannot touch it, feel it, try it out, etc.  Perhaps someone has told them ENTERTAIN and that will cause a distraction of sorts and people will just buy out of habit or impulse.  

See why I don't usually watch QVC live.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I have never been able to watch Jane for a long period (not one that holds my attention)  of time thus missed any of this. Her choice of shoes would not be worn by any of the girls in my home so no need to watch.   Jane may sell some fabulous items but after a few shows I now click channels when I see her on.

Whenever I see that SSWJ is going to be on, I just go to ‘Recently on Air’ and see what shoes are involved. I am not able to watch Jane selling anything for more than 5-10 minutes. The Xmas shows she hosts are the most annoying to me. I’ve never been appreciative of any “look at meeee!!” person, ever, so any host that goes in that direction, I definitely don’t (look at them).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Occasional Contributor

wrote:

If I watch it is for information on the products.  I really don't want to be entertained.  I  want to know what is being sold and everything about it.  I cannot touch it, feel it, try it out, etc.  Perhaps someone has told them ENTERTAIN and that will cause a distraction of sorts and people will just buy out of habit or impulse.  

See why I don't usually watch QVC live.  

I do that quite often as well.   Much of the time it's just easier to view the product on their website. 

I did have a laugh at your comment about entertaining as a distraction -   good point.    It's actually taken me many years to watch Jane. Back in the very beginning I found her hard to watch, because she spoke too fast, too bubbly, etc.  I like her now, but I find I am going through that same thing with Sandra Bennett.  Strange how that is.   Some of their personalities just don't jive with mine I guess. Or something.

Honored Contributor

Gotta do something when you're selling shoes for 3 hours OR anything for that matter!  I can't even imagine let alone keep my concentration & talk non-stop, be excited, etc. over every item! Kudos to those who host!

I rarely watch Q live yet there are many who watch & enjoy those "entertaining" moments ...have you ever heard some of the testimonial calls I'm pretty good at judging a persons age by voice & I don't hear many young ones calling in!  

I especially enjoy In the Kitchen with both David & Mary!  Although they aren't chefs they are very knowledgeable & interactive -- (I don't care for Stacy trying to hard to be Mary) but I just love how David interacts with the callers...and that silly happy dance!

Maybe my life has been very depressing lately seeing many of my older friends passing (5 this month, 1 tonight) I am starting to look at life differently & laugh more until I can change my situation.  (I'm 62 most people I interact with are in late 78-90s😳 This is a problem I'm feeling like I'm surrounded with death lately☹️).

so seeing something fun is good for my mental health as long as I'm not buying!!! Lol

Respected Contributor

All they fun they are having is just so harmless.  And yes, it is entertaining and breaks up the monotony of the sale. 

I also think they want the viewer to feel part of the experience and then in turn, the view might purchase more. 

If they just sit there and rattle off sizes and color, the view might reach for the remote, find something better and never come back for the rest of the show.

Like I said, it is just harmless fun. 

Honored Contributor

@DeepPurple- You're right - no one is being forced to watch - however, this is a forum and posters are just voicing their opinions and views.  Seems like whenever a poster gives an opinion about a presentation, someone always replies with a "change the channel" response......

Respected Contributor

Greg should at least try to change up that silly expression and shrugging his shoulders.  Each and everytime they say his name and he's on camera, it's the same exact pose

Image result for i'm so dumb shrugging shoulders

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday

HA!  You hit this one out of the park.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Occasional Contributor

wrote:

@DeepPurple- You're right - no one is being forced to watch - however, this is a forum and posters are just voicing their opinions and views.  Seems like whenever a poster gives an opinion about a presentation, someone always replies with a "change the channel" response......

It's the easiest thing to do.  I mean, who sits there to watch something/someone they hate?  How hard is it for those to change the channel?  And, SPURT-ing rude comments is not constructive.  They get what they give.  There are plenty other QVC hosts and programs on - change the channel until you find what you like.

Sandra Bennett and Rick Domeier (sp) are my two 'change the channel" times.  Coming on here and complaining about them is not going to make things better, but hey, changing the channel might...  not rocket science.