Respected Contributor

Jane and Greg the Camera Man

What is up with Jane and the camera guy Greg?  Every shoe shopping show she is on she calls attention to him several times and the next thing he's in the camera shot waving.   I don't get it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Jane and Greg the Camera Man

Just a shtick. There's no deep meaning and it's really wearing thin as a routine. Either it's amusing or it's not. I am not amused but Jane gets a big kick out of it herself.  

Respected Contributor

Don't mind Jane but it's wearing on my nerves.  It's no too bad tonight but one show it was every 15 minutes.  Eh, maybe they are thinking of brining him in as a host!

Trusted Contributor

I agree completely...it's getting old now!  I'm starting to think maybe he's related to her and she wants to give him lots of camera time! LOL

The way she swoons over him and acts giddy, maybe she has a crush on him?  And he always has that goofy face when they show him....oh well, guess I'm getting old and cranky, but it's just not funny anymore.  

Honored Contributor

There has to be a reason that he is being brought on camera. As silly as Jane can be, I doubt she would keep bringing him on otherwise. Just my thoughts. 

Esteemed Contributor

We all know that QVC considers itself to be a "entertainment/shopping" channel.  As part of that attempt the hosts are now required not only to push the product but entertain the viewers.  The dancing and singing has been seriously overdone so perhaps Jane is just attempting a new routine to liven things up.  I do fully expect a host to perform magic tricks as part of their sales presentation one of these days.  Nothing would surprise me.

Respected Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

I agree completely...it's getting old now!  I'm starting to think maybe he's related to her and she wants to give him lots of camera time! LOL

The way she swoons over him and acts giddy, maybe she has a crush on him?  And he always has that goofy face when they show him....oh well, guess I'm getting old and cranky, but it's just not funny anymore.  

It has to be planned.  At least that's what I think.  I doubt it's nothing more than giving him exposure, I just don't know why.  He is goofy and just shrugs and waves and rolls his eyes. 

Respected Contributor

She used to refer to one of the guests as "my tv husband."  I used to cringe when I heard that.  Maybe she just likes flirting with men.

Honored Contributor

It gives her something to talk about when she runs out of relatives.

Valued Contributor

I have never been able to watch Jane for a long period (not one that holds my attention)  of time thus missed any of this. Her choice of shoes would not be worn by any of the girls in my home so no need to watch.   Jane may sell some fabulous items but after a few shows I now click channels when I see her on.