Valued Contributor

I thought it was pretty awful. Way too much material. Back to the 50s.

Esteemed Contributor

Not Jane's best look. Isaac knows how to style Jane....

Valued Contributor

I think Jane wears the fuller style dresses to camoflauging her hips, which she is very hippy.

With her 50's look she has commented more then once that people call her June Cleaver (mother in Leave it to Beaver) for those that may be to young to know.

The dress is very pretty and when she put the wig on, she took the style to a new level.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

Jane seems to love the June Cleaver style dresses.  I actually thought the soft colors of the dress were pretty, but I just feel that it's the wrong style for her.  On rare occasions she'll wear a dress or skirt that's straight (pencil skirt) and it's much more flattering on her. 

Had to laugh about the Disney comment a few posts earlier!

Me too.

Honored Contributor

Her style in dresses is unique. But I don't think the style is either attractive or flattering for her. I think that they look very silly. For me, they are distracting.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Just Jane channeling her inner June Cleaver.

Honored Contributor

If Jane actually believes her choice in dresses/skirts make her look LESS hippy - noooo. They indeed make her hips stand out that much MORE, with a belted or cinched waist and fuller material over the hips. But surely the camera and videotape would have demonstrated that to her, so I would assume she just likes wearing them in spite of how they make her look.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@StillFuntoShop wrote:

I feel like Jane is trying too hard to make dresses her thing, her signature look as they say on TV, lol. Some of the dresses are hits, some misses. I noticed the dress increase soon after we heard about her stylist. As we get older, it can be  a tricky balance to look pulled together without looking like we are trying too hard.

I saw her last week ( I think) in jeans.  I thought she looked so much better in the casual jean look. Don't care for the full,fifties looking dresses.  Agreed, trying too hard for a certain "look".

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Bless Jane!  I looked at that dress and in addition to seeing what all of you referenced, it didn't fit right!  I thought there was a sewn in cumberbund under the bust and when I stopped the tape, it was horizontal wrinkles!  If you have horizontal wrinkles, you have a bad fit!  Ask any tailor!

The sleeves weren't flattering and added weight to the upper arm, who wants that.  I did like the print but thought the blue stripe looked just "thrown in there". 

Why was she in a "height of summer" dress and summer sandals when people are still getting snow?  If they were presenting it, that would be one thing.  It's 40 degrees in West Chester!  It was a total train wreck!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

If Jane actually believes her choice in dresses/skirts make her look LESS hippy - noooo. They indeed make her hips stand out that much MORE, with a belted or cinched waist and fuller material over the hips. But surely the camera and videotape would have demonstrated that to her, so I would assume she just likes wearing them in spite of how they make her look.

@Moonchilde***Remember "What Not To Wear"?  Every time they took someone out of mounds of fabric and streamlined their look, they appeared to be smaller.