Regular Contributor

Just caught a glimpse of Jane Tracy doing a preview promo for her upcoming segment. Whoever styled her tonight did a fantastic job. It's the best I've seen her look. She really looks nice.

Honored Contributor

She looks specacular in that green crochet too.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

She has been looking better lately. Whoever does her make up is very good. 

Trusted Contributor

I am not the "teacher" or thread "corrector", but I believe in doing to others, etc...

Ladies, just FYI, that is all....

Janes's last name is spelled 

T-R-E-A-C-Y , instead of Tracy.

However, it is pronounced like "Tracy."

Just for your edification... Heart

Honored Contributor

She used to be known as Jane Rudolph Treacy.  But I think she's dropped the Rudolph.

Regular Contributor

Obviously folks understood who I was referring to so the misspelling of the name wasn't an issue...so FYI you didn't need to point out or make the correction....

Honored Contributor

A correction of any kind is never a personal criticism, it's an opportunity to learn more. Now you know how Jane and her family spell her name and that's always a plus as taking the tme to learn the correct spelling of someone's name is a sign of respect.  

And generally it's spelled correctly as you've spelled it but there are three variations...

Please don't take offense, I'm positive it wasn't meant to offend.... Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

A correction of any kind is never a personal criticism, it's an opportunity to learn more. Now you know how Jane and her family spell her name and that's always a plus as taking the tme to learn the correct spelling of someone's name is a sign of respect.  

And generally it's spelled correctly as you've spelled it but there are three variations...

Please don't take offense, I'm positive it wasn't meant to offend.... Woman Happy

It doesn't matter what the intentions are when you correct an adult in public, you still offend. In this instance over the misspelling of a last name, is just not necessary.

Honored Contributor

It's the adult who is being "corrected" that should adjust by not taking offense and understanding that a correction is an opportunity to learn something.... to take the information from the correction and research it to make sure the facts are correct (or not). 

Correcting someone online is different than correcting a person in public.  It just is.   I agree that in person it should be done without fanfare, as an aside.  But what is the answer?  To never correct someone who is wrong?  With all the offenses and embarrassments out there in public.... why would a mere misspelling correction be a point of contention?  Is it necessary?  Probably not ... but times have changed 

And as I pointed out, there are three variations to the name, the one being used here was not Jane's family's spelling, but one of the correct spellings overall.  

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

It's the adult who is being "corrected" that should adjust by not taking offense and understanding that a correction is an opportunity to learn something.... to take the information from the correction and research it to make sure the facts are correct (or not). 

Correcting someone online is different than correcting a person in public.  It just is.   I agree that in person it should be done without fanfare, as an aside.  But what is the answer?  To never correct someone who is wrong?  With all the offenses and embarrassments out there in public.... why would a mere misspelling correction be a point of contention?  Is it necessary?  Probably not ... but times have changed 

And as I pointed out, there are three variations to the name, the one being used here was not Jane's family's spelling, but one of the correct spellings overall.  

All righty then!