Respected Contributor

I've been taking his Circulation and Vein Support supplements for a few years - it's been a Godsend.  I have varicose veins and poor circulation along with restless legs.  It drove me crazy.  Until the supplements.  Now I have no symptoms whatsoever.  I think it even helped my neuropathy.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@ellaphant  Completely agree.  Had blood work done recently and I was somewhat deficient in vitamin D so on the doctor's advice, I'm taking a supplement.  I don't understand these people who self-medicate and take several supplements.  They are drugs and the potential for harm is there.

I can understand taking a multi-vitamin but anything else, e.g, for hair/nails, etc. I just don't get it.

That's okay.  You don't have to get it.  The rest of us who DO get it really appreciate Andrew's products.  I have used his products for years and never plan to stop.  I feel the benefits for sure!

Respected Contributor

OneFine - that's funny - your comment I mean, very funny. I categorically disagree with it - but it did serve to make me laugh out loud.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Andrew Lessman is the only person who can out talk Jane. I cannot listen to him, he puts me to sleep. Not a Vitamin believer...absolutely no scientific data that proves they are effective. That;s why Andrew uses the word 'supports'.

He uses the word "supports" because that's the right word.  He has never claimed to be selling drugs that would "cure" things.  He is very honest in his claims.  If I'm remembering correctly, he is a lawyer and used to practice in the Food & Drug Administration area of law.  The man does know what he's talking about and does choose his words carefully so as to be legally correct and precise in his descriptions of his products.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Andrew Lessman is the only person who can out talk Jane. I cannot listen to him, he puts me to sleep. Not a Vitamin believer...absolutely no scientific data that proves they are effective. That;s why Andrew uses the word 'supports'.

He uses the word "supports" because that's the right word.  He has never claimed to be selling drugs that would "cure" things.  He is very honest in his claims.  If I'm remembering correctly, he is a lawyer and used to practice in the Food & Drug Administration area of law.  The man does know what he's talking about and does choose his words carefully so as to be legally correct and precise in his descriptions of his products.

@santorini You are correct! Good memory. 

Andrew entered Loyola University Law School in Los Angeles, where he received a Juris Doctor Degree and subsequently opened a law practice, focusing on a myriad of medical legal issues, including the food and drug law.

In addition, on HSN I have heard him once say that there are company lawyers off stage (which may be standard for HSN and QVC for any supplement vendors), ensuring that claims are not being made that can't be backed up. He has received FDA-approved "claims" on some of his products, but I forget which one it is. I believe it is his cholesterol items.

Honored Contributor

AL is not used to the antics and nonsense JT usually spews, JT has been around long enough to know that and act accordingly.

Trusted Contributor

I guess most of you have not read Johns Hopkins recent extensive study on taking vitamins and mineral supplements.  Bottom line:  other than folic acid there is little or no benefit to taking these supplements.  If you follow a healthy diet, you will get all the vitamins and minerals you need from food.  In fact, many of these supplements do more harm than good.  There is a ton of money to be made on these products and Mr. Lessman sure knows how to milk that cash cow!

Esteemed Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

I guess most of you have not read Johns Hopkins recent extensive study on taking vitamins and mineral supplements.  Bottom line:  other than folic acid there is little or no benefit to taking these supplements.  If you follow a healthy diet, you will get all the vitamins and minerals you need from food.  In fact, many of these supplements do more harm than good.  There is a ton of money to be made on these products and Mr. Lessman sure knows how to milk that cash cow!

One study means nothing.  There are so many studies that say the opposite. Results for a study depends on who pays for it. Example - major pharms want you taking their drugs, they are the one's milking that cash cow.  They pay for  health information you hear and so many of the commercials you see.

So many people cannot be healed, helped or diagnoised and yet you will put their lives on one study. 

Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

Agreed, @IamDoodles , and I don't think that there are many or even any credible studies that show any efficacy in loading up on an excess of vitamins or minerals. It's a huge and profitable market that is pretty much unregulated.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland