Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jane T and Shawn K Hosting Together

@culebra wrote:

Someone said they are pushing Shawn out - this is probably not true.  QVC has the power to fire her outright or not renew her contract.

@culebra   I like Shawn.  Maybe that is because I never watch any shows for very long. I find myself watching you tube more then anything.   

Esteemed Contributor

Personally I think this is a terrible pairing. I'm not a fan of Shawn's and Jane can also get on my nerves with the too cutesy commentary. As with most things on Q, it will depend on the product lines whether I will even watch - if this is a Tuesday version of Saturday Morning Q, you can count me out. I don't watch any of the shows that are just a conglomeration of products. For me it is a waste of my time.

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady, having all of that silliness with the camera crew on the shoe shows was annoying to me, too. I enjoy shopping for shoes but I'm not going to sit thru THAT much silliness in the presentations.
Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley yes I'm not sure how this is going to work. Just as when Q tried to recreate the show that was Dennis and Joan by subbing in Jill Martin. That IMO was a total failure. With cohosts (if that is what they are going to do) there has to be some chemistry.

Guess we'll see.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL @MarthaStewardess oh yes, the make believe scenarios. I think Shawn desperately wants to live the "high life" and in particular wants to interject herself into Isaac's life. I am amazed at how rude she is to him and how tolerant of it he is. If I were in his place, I'd have demanded a host change for the show by now.

Trusted Contributor

Call me crazy, but I really enjoy Jane T. How can anyone be so perpetually upbeat?!Smiley LOL I don't mind hearing about her cat, daughters, or Disney, even if I don't particularly care about any of them. I find her fascination with, and commitment to, 1950's styling and silhouettes quirky and refreshingly authentic, even though that's not my thing either. I really hope this new lineup is more of an alternating host thing instead of a co-host thing. I can only manage SK in small doses.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Frequent Contributor

Labluver you have hit the nail on the head! That’s it, exactly!

Frequent Contributor

Yes Culebra, you are right, they could fire Shawn or not renew her contract, but it’s probably a long term contract or if fired, a lot of compensation.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24  The guests (vendors) don't have the option of "demanding" or even requesting which hosts they prefer to work with when selling their products. It's up to QVC.

Customers have tried and tried with one particular unprepared host in the early AM's. Perhaps the viewers have finally made it known they will no longer tolerate her unnecessary interruptions which have nothing to do with Louis Dell'Olio's line of clothing. She has been a train wreck for several of his shows. He is a wealth of information on his Whisper Knit designer fashions. Viewers want to hear him speak. Don't care about her family, where she's from or constant mention of her kids! She mentions those subjects every show she's on (not just with LDO). It's boring. No one cares! She likes to talk about herself, much like SK and JRT. 

Pretty sure Isaac is in the same boat with SK. (No choice.) He and Amy should be a fabulous team! She is a great host and dynamic conversationilist, as is he. We won't have to see clothing covered with denim jackets! Or crazy verbage, hair, odd clothing put together; no more weird stuff. YEA. Amy wears clothing exceptionally well. Imagine that? She'll stand up and model the clothing! Frankly, I was sick of watching SK slouch on a stool or stand bow-legged . . . appearing bored. QVC has made a great decision by selecting Amy as the next host of PM Style. Will be watching PM Style for the first time since LR left. Happy Dances. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Contributor

I see a thread running through alot of the posts and I agree.  Hosts don't have to spend tons of time talking about their family, friends,  life and the situation you could use the items for sale IF you properly discribed the product.  I am buying from the television, I can not feel the shirt, smell the perfume or taste the food.  Describe it to me.  Tell me how it is made, where it is made, HOW IT WORKS, etc, etc, etc.  I think you all get my point.  A little bit of personal information goes a long way, tell me about the product!  And may I include some guests are getting stale with their stories/sales pitch as well.