Honored Contributor

Re: Jane T and Shawn K Hosting Together

[ Edited ]

@GRACIE wrote:

Since I rarely watch QVC shows, my motto is do not put all your eggs in one basket.. if it's working do not change it.

We must realize this is the company that is the business of making money.. if profits are down in certain areas there will be a change.

That's why the company is called QVC, while the host name may change, it is still the same product..

If Susie Bell is selling more than Mary Bell who do you think will be the host,?

Complaints and suggestions, to  shopping channels, take as a grain of salt. While they may read your  complaints to ways they can improve,only after their sales are going down hill

That's the bottom line. This is a business out to make a profit.

@GRACIE

Profit is why QVC is making changes (not necessarily the right ones---switching hosts and creating new show titles isnt going to make real changes in profits---product lines are so limited and repetitive and can be found everywhere).

QVC's sales ARE (and have been) going downhill..... In the 2nd quarter QVC US had an increase of 4%, but for the 3rd quarter it was 3%....

It used to be 9%, then 6%, then 5% now down to 3%.....  Zulilly is the branch of the business making money revenue up 18%.....

In this highly competitive retail market, wise decisions needto be made....

other retailers  ---

TJ Maxx Cos had increased comp sales 7%, net sales 12%

Even struggling Macys had a 3% increase 

Target same store sales up 5.1%, revenue 5.6%

JCP down 5.4%

Of course there's Amazon...

North American sales were $34.3 billion, up 35 percent from last year, while international sales grew just 13 percent .

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

They can move the hosts around all they want like chess pieces.

Bring in new ones, change the name of a show, get rid of some, pair up others.

None of it matters anymore.

It's like rearranging the deck chairs.

Trusted Contributor

I feel the same about Shawn,can watch her for maybe 10minutes.She is over bearing,plus act like look at me.Jane T is sweet,does not put on a show,she is down to earth.I know she can really talk,an sometimes cannot stop,but she does a nice job hosting.

Respected Contributor

Hmmmm... don't quite know how this was a good idea.  Have a gut feeling it's not going to fly.  We'll see.  I could be surprised, but will have to read it here on the forums.  Not watching.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

They can move the hosts around all they want like chess pieces.

Bring in new ones, change the name of a show, get rid of some, pair up others.

None of it matters anymore.

It's like rearranging the deck chairs.

Instead of hiring all these new hosts and making new sets why dont they do things that would really increase their sales.

First thing would be faster shipping. QVC's shipping is extremly slow and the #1 complaint.

Refunds It takes 1 or 2 cycles to get a credit refunded? That is ridiculus in fact their whole shipping is ridiculus and returns. If something doesn't fit or you dont like the color you have to pay to ship it back. Often times it costs 8 or 9 to try something on.

So they could improve on a lot of things, changing hosts isn't beneficial to anyone really except maybe the host.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see them fighting for airtime. Take a deep breath.

Contributor

Will this six hour shift be split or do Jane and Shawn host together?  I totally understand splitting the shift since six hours could be grueling, for anyone!  However, whenever two hosts present together, it confuses me......the cost to have two together and then add the vendor to the mix and it could become chaotic, to say the least.  Everyone is vying for their time to speak, carefully trying not to talk over the other......almost impossible for some hosts.   

Respected Contributor

I think the 6 hour hosting job is why Shawn is no longer doing PM Style.  QVC would wear her out to do 3 hours on Monday and then be on the air for 6 hours straight on Tuesday night.

Respected Contributor

Someone said they are pushing Shawn out - this is probably not true.  QVC has the power to fire her outright or not renew her contract.

Honored Contributor

To me, 6 hours of any host is way too much, even if I really like them, it is too long! How do they expect for them to keep it fresh for that long?

Jane T. talks way too much about her kids and trips, and her sister and her cat,etc........I can hardly watch any of her shows.....

Shawn whom I like a lot, and enjoy, but sometimes she can be just a little too much. Her shows to me are a lot of fun! But 6 hours of any host is way too much. 

I think they have scheduled David for 5 hours before on Sundays and that seems way too long as well.....

What did they hire all of those new hosts for just to give the other hosts all of those hours?

Wonder what they are thinking?