Honored Contributor

Re: Jane T and Shawn K Hosting Together

With the Q owning HSN now, I am sure we are going to see big changes.  Let's hope they are for the better.  I noticed Amy Stran (I believe it's tomorrow) is working 5 hours straight.  That girl is a hard worker.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I really enjoy watching shawn. She is not screeching and dancing, and talking so fast that you cannot understand what she says. 

I think the pairing with Issac is a good one. 

I would like  to see Lori Goldstein with a calm host so i can see the products in a more relaxed manner.

Occasional Contributor

Ugh who wants to watch 6 hours of the two mist annoying host on qvc. Count me out!!

Trusted Contributor

I can take both hosts in very limited doses but I think there is a larger issue here.  The Q is trying to change things up to increase sales/profits but the best way to do this in my opinion is to come up with new, innovative products that may be exclusive to Q but without the lower quality that many of their current exclusives seem to have.  

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I can't imagine pairing two hosts together for any show.  These hosts are paid a lot of money.  

Wouldn't it be more cost conducive to have one high paid host on each show selling?  

Companies are always trying to cut costs, but apparently not here. 

Neither one of these ladies need help selling on a program.  

@Sunshine Kate-  Just curious - How do you about their salary?  I would assume that the ones that have been there the longest are the "high paid" ones such as Mary Beth, etc.  Shawn doesn't have the seniority that Mary Beth and others have...so just curious on how you know about her pay.

@San Antonio Gal, I have no idea their salary.  

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

I think this means they will each have 3 hours on this "hosting together" thing.   I don't think they will be on the set together with a vendor and models the entire time.  I will tune in at least once to see what it is.     I agree with others that we need more information instead of "made-up words", dancing, etc.  I can't remember the last time a host talked about the fabric, fit, dry clean or not, etc.       Also, as far as comments about the hosts salaries, sometime ago they were published in a newspaper probably near the area of QVC.   At that time Lisa R. and Rick were considered the top sellers and each reportedly made $500,000.   The article was quoted on this forum and that was about 5 years ago or more.

Trusted Contributor

@hrs wrote:

I see a thread running through alot of the posts and I agree.  Hosts don't have to spend tons of time talking about their family, friends,  life and the situation you could use the items for sale IF you properly discribed the product.  I am buying from the television, I can not feel the shirt, smell the perfume or taste the food.  Describe it to me.  Tell me how it is made, where it is made, HOW IT WORKS, etc, etc, etc.  I think you all get my point.  A little bit of personal information goes a long way, tell me about the product!  And may I include some guests are getting stale with their stories/sales pitch as well.

But we are part of the "QVC family"! We are girlfriends! Never mind if something will fit.  Oh, wait.  I actually have a real life with family and friends . . . I'm just in the market for a product rather than a made-up TV family.  

Esteemed Contributor

index.jpg

Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

I have trouble watching either one of them for 6 minutes!

ITA, I wonder who will interrupt the most. They both like all the attention, who will get the most?