Respected Contributor

Re: Jane B On Location in Maine

Some of you need a hobby or maybe a job.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was not purchasing but I did watch the presentation last night with Jane B. I actually enjoyed watching  how the product is brought to the consumer, listening to the owner, and the chef, and looking at the background scenery of Maine.

Although I was not purchasing. It seemed as if many were. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jane B ion Location in Maine

She could have taken a commercial flight to Maine.  Used a local film crew and flew home.  Perhaps the Lobster Company paid for her trip, set everything up and welcomed the publicity. A business expense for them. 

So much speculation and no facts.  

Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  I agree about Rick's presentation. What a hoot!

Never really enjoyed watching Rick years ago,just was to hyper, but as he got older or should I say I got older think he  really is a hoot.  Thought he did a great job in Memphis at Corky's

Do enjoy seeing the host going to different states,remember back in the 90's when they did the "50 State Tour was interesting .

@Mimi NY 

DV did a show here in Buffalo years ago....at the Shipyard I think around Memorial Day.

It was a lovely tribute to our Service men and women.

I didn't go, but know many who did and enjoyed it immensly.

I have enjoyed the previous State Tour shows as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 

QVC has always had these "road trips" which I always thought was a waste of time considered more of a perk for the host and Q crew....

I remember David going to Colorado supposedly for a "wine festival" . David just showed QVC's same old products on tables outdoors.  And the only mention and showing of the "wine festival" was a short video clip posted on QVC's website blog but nothing ON AIR  about the wine festival in his show, so a big waste of time and money....

Then there was a red carpet Hollywood Fashion Show from LA....QVC sent a couple of the host to LA to do their own Red Carpet Show with their own QVC vendors and same ole fashion....Another waste of time and money...

But the funniest one was NY Fashion Week---and that was done from a New York City Studio with a carboard cutouts of buildings in the back ground, same ole QVC vendors and Q fashion lines no celebrities...that was Q's own version of "fashion week and their big stunt in the Big Apple....SMH 🤣🤣🤣 They couldve done that from West Chester....🙄  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Business travel is the norm nowdays.  And from QVC to Maine isn't exactly to the ends of the earth.  What could it be?  Like 250 miles or so?  In a lot of the USA that isn't a big deal--car or otherwise. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't eat lobster.  It looks good, but I don't care for it.

It does make me cringe when I see all those lobster tails laying on the table and the hosts or reps constantly pulling one out of the shell.  It seems like such a waste for the price of lobster.......So sad.  Don't understand why so many..........

Why can't they have dummies made up and just have a couple of real ones out?  That goes for all the food that is wasted on those shows.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Years ago, they used to travel a lot.  The 50 in 50 tours, Germany, Ireland, France.  They would go all over back in the earlier days. No big deal that she went to Maine.

Speaking of QVC travels, does anyone remember that god-awful cruise that was a total debacle?

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

The more I read this board the more I wonder, do you want to be remembered as a person that always complains? Is that you're legacy?

oh gosh--and you're one yourself.

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Some of you need a hobby or maybe a job.

So do you.