Honored Contributor

Jane B On Location in Maine

[ Edited ]

What is the point of sending her there and having two other hosts showing the TSV?????

Frequent Contributor

Re: Jane B ion Location in Maine

I agree! Who's paying for this? Oh-- DUH-we are! I think it is RIDICULOUS to have sent her to Maine! What's the point? 

Honored Contributor

This QVC Food Travel Series seemed interesting last week when Rick flew out to Memphis to spend a day at Corky's for the baby back ribs.  Rick worked the drive-thru window (hysterical) and even appeared on Jimmy Stoval's podcast for a great back & forth chat between them that was not QVC related.  

But this week's trip, sending Jayne to Maine, has offered little more than the regular presentations they always do in the studio.  Granted, I haven't watched all day.  Perhaps I missed something.  

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954  It makes sense to me, because the hosts can clearly show the configurations and relate the updates (although one host in-house would be fine). They don't have the possible location glitches that can happen. I am enjoying seeing the location! Not buying the lobsters, but I sure do love Maine!

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I agree about Rick's presentation. What a hoot!

Honored Contributor

@bronxgal1 

Not to mention the carbon footprint of her round trip flight to Maine........

Way to help our planet QVC......anything for a buck.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I don't see any difference in sending one host on location or another to a different location.

As to who's paying for it?  Whoever buys the lobsters!  So, if you're not buying, you're not paying.

None of us knows the financial ins and outs of these things.  Who paid for the trips Lisa Robertson (and others) used to make to Italy each year?  Or the trips out west for jewelry shows?  The "50 in 50" shows of years ago?

Travel for business has always been a fact of life, not just for QVC.

If you want an item and you're happy with the price, buy it.  If not, don't.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Do you think she was on a private jet?  The "carbon footprint" would be the same whether she was on a commercial (I'm sure) flight or not.  I don't think her weight would add that much to it.  SMH.

And how do you know she flew to Maine?  Insider information?  (What if she and the crew drove an electric van or car?)

Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  I agree about Rick's presentation. What a hoot!

Never really enjoyed watching Rick years ago,just was to hyper, but as he got older or should I say I got older think he  really is a hoot.  Thought he did a great job in Memphis at Corky's

Do enjoy seeing the host going to different states,remember back in the 90's when they did the "50 State Tour was interesting .

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@bronxgal1 

If concerned about the carbon footprint - talk to those that talk preach to us about the environment but do not practice what they preach.