Frequent Contributor
Hi,

I was just watching QVC and Mary was raving about the soup Jan Mullet made in the Vitamix. He said it was onions, veggie broth, corn ???? Does anyone know the name and recipe for this soup? Have a beautiful day!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Jan Mueller Corn Soup????

@jettaforce 

Is it vegetarian corn chowder?

On a chilly day nothing tastes better (or warms the soul) more than a bowl of hearty soup like this vegetarian Corn Chowder.

Yield: 5 c (1.2 l) • Total time: 30 minutes

Ingredients 
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 3/4 cup (120 g) chopped onion
• 18 ounces (519 g) russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch (1.3 cm) cubes
• 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable stock
• 3 fresh corn ears, shucked, kernels removed OR 3 cups frozen corn kernels, divided use
• 1/2 cup milk
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
• fresh chopped parsley

Directions
1. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium low heat. Sauté onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, stock, and 1 cup corn. Simmer with lid on until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.

2. Place mixture and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.

3. Select Variable 1.

4. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.

5. Blend for 10 to 15 seconds.

6. Return mixture to saucepan over low heat. Stir in remaining corn and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley.

Image may contain: food
Honored Contributor

Re: Jan Mueller Corn Soup????

I make a soup very similar to this, but I add a little plain Greek yogurt for some tang. I don’t have a Vitamix, but my immersion blender works fine.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan