Trusted Contributor
I live in northeast Florida so I can wear open toe nearly all year. I haven't lived where it gets bitter cold for extended period of time so I don't even notice it.
Valued Contributor

It seems to me that open toe boots defeats
the whole purpose of wearing boots!

It's just another fashion ploy to part one with his money!

If fashions didn't change, people would stop spending so much to try to keep up.

I could care less what's in style!

I also think that wearing a dress without sleeves and boots looks really silly!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

Re: JUST SAYING

[ Edited ]

@redhead78 wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

@redhead78 wrote:

The deal is you are either older, old-fashioned, or just not up with current things.

Older fashion dictates are no longer the rule. Like wearing white after Labor Day. That was abolished long ago.

Open-toes shoes, like other shoes, do not have a "season". Besides, did you know that they were originally designed for toe comfort in narrow toe box shoes?

they are on the market all year long, but in the past you would only see them in formal shoes. Now they are the norm for all year around. Notice the designers are still making them, they are not seasonal. And here is one to astonish you, too!  It is permissable to wear socks with them as well ! True !

And this is not just my thoughts, as I am not a spring chicken. This is the style today.

You need to update your thoughts

on this matter to keep on trend. Woman Happy

Sorry to disagree, but it isn't just "keeping on trend." It's ridiculous to be out in bare legs and open toed shoes when it's hitting the 50's and below. The so called "designers" will make anything they think the public - the fashionistas at least - will give up their $$ for.  Yes I'm older, but not old fashioned and definitely not consumed by the current trend.  My trend is classic and appropriate.  The trends can go on trending and I'll go on being classic.

Dear Perkup,

You certainly have the right to disagree, no argument there. I certainly wasn't trying to infer that my thoughts are the definitive rule either !

But there  is another factor opposite of your situation. People living in warmer climate states, such as California, Florida, and even around the world  do wear these shoes all year long, or at least most of the year. So I think the designers also cater to them, why exclude them? I mean they do make and sell shoes for profit, no foul there. Can't call it a "scheme".

Then there are people like myself, who have hot feet all year long and might like the open toe for ventilation !    I don't have a pair now, but I did wear them back in the days when my feet and toes were younger and prettier !

Fashion is versatile anyway now more than ever. Today, I don't believe many of the "original" rules apply, whatever they all were.

I understand your point, but to me this comes under the heading of "appropriate".  I wouldn't wear boots on the beach and I wouldn't wear peep toes in the winter.  I prefer a classic look to a trendy look any day. I'm very familiar with warm wether. I live in SE Louisiana, and we often have on shorts in December. If that's appropriate, I'll wear them, but I wouldn't do it because some "designer" says I should.

As for hosts wearing them on tv, I guess they'll wear whatever they are told to wear.  Yesterday was one of the silliest I've ever seen - even on QVC.   Leah wearing a heavy jacket, a hat, scarf and gloves, and selling other things beside MukLuks was downright weird.  She looked miserable.