Esteemed Contributor

So I had to vent!

Ordered five luminara candles on clearance recently.  Now, the clearance price was a great price, I thought.  And, the $5 shipping charge per candle, probably in line with today's costs.  However, all five boxes were tossed into one huge box (well actual box was about 2x2.5x2) with no air pillow, poppies, or even paper to protect these five small boxes, containing one seven-inch candle a piece, from bouncing around.  QVC, if you're gonna charge me an arm and a leg in shipping, certainly make the $25 charge somewhat palatable by properly packing the items to protect them in shipment - as I'm sure they got totally bounced around, banging into each other during the transport process!!!!!

Haven't checked the candles yet, but believe me, if one is damaged/defective it will be returned to the Q in the same, grossly oversized box - and return shipping on the Q's dime!

It just seems to me that being so careless with the merchandise they're selling and at the same time overcharging in shipping charges (since they changed the rules) shows a total lack of respect and appreciation for their customers.Woman Frustrated

Anyways, I've vented.  I'm over it and maybe over the Q, too!  Thanks to anyone who read my tirade!

Esteemed Contributor

I would be upset at the packing too.  Just an FYI, Marshalls and TJ Maxx have had several brands of candles like the luminara and they were priced very well.  I saw them last year and they will probably be back again this year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Here is my experience with boxes and shipping....I ordered F1195..

a Travelon handbag...actually I ordered four of them from the late night specials...

One showed up on Wednesday...in a box the size of 13x12x51/2...with those filled puffy things...the purse is perfectly flat...as we all know...

Ok...Thursday another one shows up in like size box with those filler things...

Today...two show up...each in one of the same type boxes..with the filled puffy things...and those two boxes were in another huge box the size of 17 1/8 x 16 3/8 x 16 3/8....

Now remember these bags are flat as a pancake...not those Dooney or Tig bags...they are FLAT...Q....

What a horrible waste of money...I bet all four could have fit in one of the smaller boxes..or at the very least...two in one box and two in the other...they surely didn't need all the cardboard they came in...and they for sure didn't need that huge box...

These were free shipping...so I can even say I got my moneys worth....its just shameful to me...

Now that I think of it...they probably could have shipped them in those "lovely" bags they throw our clothes in ....

Goldenlocks...I hope your candles are okay...sorry they used your protector filler thingys...for my purses...

Esteemed Contributor

@circles

Thanks!  My furbaby loves those air-pillow things!!!  He grabs them and runs around popping them...it's so much fun for him.  But, he thanks you for your thoughtfulness and realizes it wasn't your fault!Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp

Thanx, good to know, have a TJ Maxx right at the mall in town - will keep checking it out.  Last year, got the brilliant idea of placing all my 'candles' on the radiator cover to kinda help obliterate the a/c hose (have those a/c units you pull up to the window).  Although it was cool in the kitchen, which is in the east/south portion of the house, did not realize how hot the radiator cover got and all the candle wax melted all over it.  What a mess!  So, had to toss out the candles and am now replacing them since I love flameless candles.  Thank you for a good tip!

Respected Contributor

These kind of comments are showing up more and more.  I tried to understand the new shipping costs, and since I don't order much in multiples, it didn't affect me much.  But, is part of the new deal to get sloppy with the shipments?  Why?   

Esteemed Contributor

There ae a lot of times that I would have ordered more then one item, but at $3.00 or $5.00 a piece it isnt worth it.  I think this new SH cost is resulting in less quantities being ordered. 

Trusted Contributor

The $3 discount on each additional item of the same product just gives you back your shipping charge.  No real savings to me and I do not want the same item in every color.  Pants and t-shirts are reduced often so I am in no hurry especially with sizing and quality problems.  Return shipping is paid by me even when I was not the cause of the return .    Reading the forums it appears that most of us have lately become very cautious and not as trusting of the sales pitch we are given.

Valued Contributor

I was about to start my own "frustrated" thread when I saw this one.  I have had several packages "lost" even with the tracking

I live in Northern New Jersey.  My latest package start out in Pennsylvania, made it to NJ, and was then sent to the Bronx, NY.  Who knows if I will ever see it.

Another package is at a facility near my house according to the tracking, but is listed as "In transit" at this same facility three different times in one day.  Who knows if I will ever see it.

I also had an expensive piece of jewelry make to within 25 miles of my house and then completely disappear on the tracking.  QVC made me wait 21 days for a refund - even after I received an e-mail from UPS telling me the package was lost.

QVC Customer Care

@eddyandme

I can understand your frustration and apologize for the poor condtion of your package. Would it be possible for you to send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com as I would like to get your feedback to our distribution group. Thank you in advance!

Beth QVC