Honored Contributor

JOAN RIVERS JEWELRY - Warranty?

I have this beautiful bracelet (my only JR piece) that I purchased about a year ago .... J290612 in silvertone.   I don't wear it very often, but I love it. 

Today I wore it, and thought I really should wear it more often than I do.    When I got home, I slid it off my wrist and it fell apart all over the floor!    I've never caught it on anything and can only assume the thread inside just un-knotted.  

Is there a warranty with Joan Rivers jewelry?   Has anyone here ever had a bracelet re-strung?   I wonder if it would be worth it ... but it's so pretty!

Any suggestions would be welcome ....TIA!!

Super Contributor

Re: JOAN RIVERS JEWELRY - Warranty?

Have ordered several pieces of Joan's jewelry and have never seen any warranty in the paperwork that I have received with the pieces. Since it is costume jewelry, made overseas, (yet pricey), don't know if they would have any place to repair it here. Maybe you can contact David Dangles.

I didn have a problem with a piece of Jackie Kennedy jewelry, which was supposed to have a warranty, but when I contacted the company, they told me that the warranty had expired, and to buy another piece! Hope you have better luck than I did.

Honored Contributor

If there is a warranty, I certainly hope it wasn't a lifetime warranty - during Joan's lifetime!  

Occasional Contributor

Not directly related to the question but Joan's jewelry is WAY overpriced and so is Lori Goldstein's.  I LOVE costume jewelry and have a ton of it.  Items almost identical to theirs are out there in retail for waaaaay less money.  Shop around!!!

Honored Contributor

@CostumeJewelryLover wrote:

Not directly related to the question but Joan's jewelry is WAY overpriced and so is Lori Goldstein's.  I LOVE costume jewelry and have a ton of it.  Items almost identical to theirs are out there in retail for waaaaay less money.  Shop around!!!

I have to have an earring fixed this week so I'll ask if they restring bracelets.     It's so pretty that I hate to just toss it.    sigh

Honored Contributor

@CostumeJewelryLover wrote:

Not directly related to the question but Joan's jewelry is WAY overpriced and so is Lori Goldstein's. 

@CostumeJewelryLover  Joan's company makes Lori's jewelry.  And you are right, it isn't directly related.  Why not start a new thread about QVC's overpriced jewelry?

Respected Contributor

Wow.  I learned something here.  Didn't know Lori's jewelry was made by the River's people.  Should have realized that since it looks similiar.  Yes, indeed - you can find this stuff for much less elsewhere.  Have to remember, for everything you see presented on these shopping channels, especially clothing and jewelry, you can comparison shop and get it for much less.  Impulse shopping habits are hard to break tho, so good luck on that.

OP - there are so many ladies who make jewelry.  Surely you could ask around and find someone to put your bracelet back together. 

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Wow.  I learned something here.  Didn't know Lori's jewelry was made by the River's people. 

@MomCat  Yes, that's straight from the horse's mouth. Lori Goldstein herself mentions that during her shows when presenting the jewelry (which isn't often - it's mostly just online and doesn't get much air time other than being worn by Lori and the models - few actualy presentations though).

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Wow.  I learned something here.  Didn't know Lori's jewelry was made by the River's people. 

@MomCat  Yes, that's straight from the horse's mouth. Lori Goldstein herself mentions that during her shows when presenting the jewelry (which isn't often - it's mostly just online and doesn't get much air time other than being worn by Lori and the models - few actualy presentations though).