Respected Contributor

Total greed. I buy the exact product from Amazon for $18.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant  Please include the brand or a picture that it is on Amazon, I'm interested!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Geez---I am wondering how long an opened bottle of her oil lasts? Especially that size.  I tried her stuff and found that is you don't use it up in a timely fashion, it goes rancid. I have decided, that while the large sizes are a better deal, usually--if you can't use it up and you toss it, there goes all that $$. I am buying the small/normal sizes now. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried the Amazon less expensive argan oil.  My experience was that it just sat on top of my skin.  It never absorbed.  It seemed thicker.

It is wonderful that it works for you, @ellaphant, and that it is a better value for you. 

I have read some of your other posts and you don't seem to care for Josie Maran.  It seems a bit harsh to call her greedy.  

Finding what works for us at a good value is what shopping is all about.  I use many of her products and love them all.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: JM 8 oz argan oil $115?

[ Edited ]

Wow! 

I love her body butter, but I never buy her argan oil, unless it's already in a package set and the overall price for all the other items is an excellent sale price.  That hasn't happened in years.

I've been getting my argan oil from a company called US Organic.  It's one Ingredient, 100% Pure, USDA Certified OrganicCold pressed, Unrefined Moroccan Argan Oil. Directly sourced from Morocco, and bottled in America.

I get two 4oz. bottles.(8 oz)  for under $35, free s/h.

Trusted Contributor

I started using JM a few months ago. While it is higher priced, I have been very pleased with everything I have bought—blushes, lipgloss, facial cleansers, scrubs, oil, creams, body butter, and sunscreen. I liked the items so much I have put them on auto-delivery if possible. I have also purchased things for my daughters, and they have said to keep them coming because they liked them as well.

I keep everything in the fridge, even unopened products. I have read that is the key to keeping everything as fresh as possible.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl    So far I've not had mine turn rancid.  I do refrigerate my oil and decant about a months usage into one of the small bottles I save,  

But I am also forcing myself to think before I buy all sorts of beauty and personal care products.  I've tried enough different brands now, both department store and pharmacy brands, to know what works for me.  After I buy a quantity in one brand, I no longer buy another just because the vendor is offering a good deal.  That's how I get too much backlog.

Trusted Contributor

Trader Joe's 100% ORGANIC argan oil - $7 for 1.7 oz. Josie's price is, AS ALWAYS, a RIP-OFF.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops --see-- I don't store anything in the refer--but am thinking the things I got in one her kits or a beauty box, was maybe past it's prime anyway. I agree about finally figuring out what is good for my skin and usually don't buy much new---still have way too much in my stash that I need to use up. 

Respected Contributor

If you live by a Trader Joes, their argan oil absorbs quickly and it's very inexpensive.  I like it just as much as Josie's.