Honored Contributor

I think Jill was an enthusiastic spokesperson for GILI, but that's about it.  Another QVC line designed by committee.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    That raggedy mess of a jacket TSV she had a few months ago should have been her last hurrah.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
@Caaareful Shopper.... The beautiful throw l bought from Jill Martin as a TSV l spoke about in comment 18 was NOT Sherpa. As l said in my comment the beautiful throw is my very favorite item l bought from the Q. Just thought l would mention it to you because you made it sound like all her throws, etc. were sherpa.
Honored Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:
I bought my FAVORITE heavy-weight throw from Jill's line a few years ago. It was a TSV for $20 plus dollars and came in several patterns. I bought the beautiful blush/gray/white pattern and that throw has washed and dried beautifully. The first time drying it there was next to nothing in the dryer vent. That amazed me because I've bought many throws, blankets, a few types of sheets, a lot of clothing items ....that always had some...up to a lot of lint in the dryer vent. I should go to the other post and say that was my favorite item l ever purchased from the Q and I've been buying from the Q since it started!.... I wish Jill Martin the best! 💗

@EastCoastGal ,

I have that same throw, and it is my favorite purchase of all from QVC. It has washed beautifully.  I bought two others in different patterns for my family, and they love them too. 

Respected Contributor

I have never been a fan of GILI.  I have never been a fan of Jill Martin.  Just my humble opinion.  I know there are differing views.

Honored Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:
@Caaareful Shopper.... The beautiful throw l bought from Jill Martin as a TSV l spoke about in comment 18 was NOT Sherpa. As l said in my comment the beautiful throw is my very favorite item l bought from the Q. Just thought l would mention it to you because you made it sound like all her throws, etc. were sherpa.

@EastCoastGal   I'm glad you have a beautiful throw.  I never meant my comment to sound as if I thought sherpa was GILI's only claim to fame under Jill. I do remember other throws that were lovely.

I have a gorgeous pair of GILI wide-leg pants with a split up the side, plus a long sheer duster cover up.  I love those items, but I cannot even remember how long ago I purchased them.

I just wish GILI could have gotten away from so much sherpa in recent years. They really poured it on thick.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper    I'm guessing from what we saw from GILI and other lines that sherpa and the shaggy fabric was very cheap.  That's why we saw so much of it.  I hope its gone for this coming winter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I never could get into GILI line

Respected Contributor

I have purchased a few GILI items.  One thing I purchased was a black and silver sequin bomber jacked.  It is a beauty.  The last year or so the GILI items have not been as attractive.  It was apparent QVC was not putting much money backing up the brand.

Trusted Contributor

GILI was LR period end of story. It was based off Lisa's clothes she was wearing..remember how the early days of GILI she had shows with no product left as everything was selling out. Jill Martin ruined the line with unflattering styles and quality went down. It was never her inception it was always LR