Respected Contributor

Well I guess you'll just have to wait and see what she does. People are usually vague when they depart these shopping channels. I remember there was a jewelry designer on HSN, Victoria Wieck. When she was winding down she made all these statements about how she was moving on to a "new chapter" in her life and doing new things and was sad to leave HSN. Made it seem like she was out of the home shopping business.  Turns out she just moved to Evine.  So, you just never know and they probably don't want you to know.  I do not relate to the idea of a QVC host having "fans" that would follow them afterwards. I've never cared that much about a host that I would follow them when they leave. I'm more of a "thank u next" person when it comes to hosts.  Jill is lovely but I really can live without her.  It's just shopping!

Honored Contributor

Why does someone have to do something else if they leave a high-paying job?  Maybe they have enough money and are tired of the rat race.

Why does a person have to start another business or do something else if they quit work?

Can't someone just say "I've got enough money and I'm tired of doing this."

Not working also does not mean "retired" as most people see it.  It means you have your own schedule and do the things you want and need to do at your own pace. 

Trusted Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

Yet again JB hears what he/she wants and says what he/she wants to say without any facts to back anything.  I really don't see Jill selling fake vegetables from her sofa.  Nor do I see her selling marked-up imported treasures that could be found on other sites for half the price.

As far as Jill stating she wasn't going anywhere and then the situation changing weeks later, that can happen to any of us.  At that moment she may have known she was leaving but couldn't share that information.  Jill was a sales person, not our friend. 

Jill may have made some wise financial moves which allows her to take it easy and do what she wants to do now.  If that is the case, then you go Jill.  Enjoy your life because it is all too short and goes by so quickly.

I was just posting what Jill said and then did.  No matter the reasons, the timing or the motivation, she said both things.

That is how and why people speculate.

Honored Contributor

Yes I'm sure she was highly paid with her career at the Q.  Maybe she saved and invested well so now she can enjoy the fruits of her labor and enjoy doing what she wants to do.

Honored Contributor

Haven't read all the replies but here is my take

First, Jill is wealthy, I'm sure. She has worked a high paying job for many years, has a successful husband, and I'm sure that they are doing well. 

Next, she has a following from QVC, and is going to work to build that independent of the Q, which will make her very marketable for other companies who want to (or that she wants to) partner with to make money in the future. 

Next, many of these personalities have a non compete clause in their contracts, and for so many months (or a year) can't take work in a competitive company. So she may very well have to take some time off legally before jumping into her next 'thing'. 

I know I was much younger than she is, and had made much less money when I gave up my career with no future plans, but focusing on that first year at home and being involved in my son's life at the time. Many women do this, some when their children are born, some in the few years before they leave home. 

I don't see anything odd about it. She's made it big in her field, she has lots of options and most likely is financially set to do nothing to make money for some time, and stil be all right.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea about anything Jill is doing or what she's not doing.

I do think though that (based on something) Jill has decided she doesn't want to be introducing products at midnight or 6:00AM.

The reason I mention this is because I saw Mary Beth introducing product at midnight.  Then recently I saw her at 6:00AM acting as a Host.

I've not seen her at any of those times......well....in a very, very long time.

I don't know the reason for it, or if there even is a reason but I do know it's very different.

In fact she was being teased at midnight by several people who were on about her being tired and how unusual it was to see her that late.

Mary Beth is always dressed perfectly and very professional.  I enjoy watching her presentations.  

My point?  Well, it was different and I wonder if some of the hosts just don't want (at their level (as far as how long) they've been on the show) they aren't interested in doing it.

I applaud Jill for taking the initiative of starting over (somewhat) and doing something maybe she always wanted to do.

It takes a lot of confidence and independence to be willing to do that.

I wish her well.  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Sending you  💯 ♥️s.

Guess there is NO understanding of Restraint of Trade.

Of course NO former employer can enforce an expectation that an ex-employee ‘must wait out a year before they can do anything!’!  How silly. 😜 

I also think Jill is too classy to sell stuff from her home.  I doubt she actually said that she would not do it because LR was so good at it.

SMH.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

Yet again JB hears what he/she wants and says what he/she wants to say without any facts to back anything.  I really don't see Jill selling fake vegetables from her sofa.  Nor do I see her selling marked-up imported treasures that could be found on other sites for half the price.

As far as Jill stating she wasn't going anywhere and then the situation changing weeks later, that can happen to any of us.  At that moment she may have known she was leaving but couldn't share that information.  Jill was a sales person, not our friend. 

Jill may have made some wise financial moves which allows her to take it easy and do what she wants to do now.  If that is the case, then you go Jill.  Enjoy your life because it is all too short and goes by so quickly.

I was just posting what Jill said and then did.  No matter the reasons, the timing or the motivation, she said both things.

That is how and why people speculate.

@alarmclock   I have no doubt that if you wrote it, Jill said it.  I hope you don't think I doubted you for a moment because I never would.  It is JB who is always sounding off without any facts.   He/she expounds about his idol and then he/she melts away.  JB hears and says whatever is in their fantasy world that day.

Respected Contributor

Re: JILL - HER SECOND ACT?

[ Edited ]

It will be interesting to see what happens with Jill's "Second Act".  Let's be real here, Jill is a wealthy woman.  She has worked hard and for many years during a time when the hosts were fewer and salaries were, (according to what I've read because no one knows for sure) supposedly, quite high.  From the few pictures you see of the hosts homes, they aren't in need.  You don't see many pictures, and I understand that.  When Jacque Gonzales showed pictures of her home, she was all but tarred and feathered with people on these boards accusing her of owning a "McMansion".  It was a jealously overload. 

She has the money, and now the time, to pursue something that will be less time consuming and that she enjoys.  Although I've never heard Jill "Toot her own horn", I watched several shows that she hosted before she left.  I've never heard her say so many times before "I brought this to QVC x amount of years ago, or I helped design this, or I helped create that."  She could be getting a kick back from all those products, and with the name of her Facebook page that she kept bringing to the forefront, "Just Jill" she could very well be introducing us to the name of her new company.  

Who knows.  It's fun to speculate, but we will all know when Jill does what she plans to do.    

Honored Contributor

I believe it was Jill's choice to retire after she reviewed her new contract with the Q. I don't think the Q is handing out the sweet deals and perks like they used to. I also think the female hosts are under pressure to look thinner and younger and I think that's hard after 50. I applaud Leah for dropping all that weight so quickly at 58 years old, I'm sure she needs her job or she would have retired too. There are just too many new, young, thin female hosts for the Q to put in the time slots. Jill IMO will fade away just like every other host who left the Q and tried to start something up on their own. That being said, I thought her farewell show was nice and hope retirement is everything she hopes it will be.