Esteemed Contributor

FWIW, my parents both retired when my father turned 55; they had saved their money wisely, even while raising six kids, and they've been living happily and very comfortably ever since. They've never been rich or famous, either.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

First of all Jill cant sell anything or take any job until her one year non compete is up. Every host must wait it out a year until they can do anything. She left the Q probably for the same reason increased corporate micromanagement making it hard to have any creativity. Jill has come out and said how much she admires what Lisa has done so much. She said an online store isnt what shes thinking because Lisa is so good at it. Jill has been so complementary to LR

@JONNYSBRO   I doubt very seriously that the fact that Jill doesn't want to peddle wares from her couch has anything to do with what Lisa does.  I can't see Jill deciding to go that way no matter what the situation was.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: JILL - HER SECOND ACT?

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Patz822 wrote:

What line was her dress on the last show? For $1000. it wasn’t that spectacular.

@Patz822 

Somewhere here on the boards, I read  it  was rented from a popular store that I cannot remember the name of right now. I think the price was around $500 (more or less)  to rent. There is a thread on it,unless the monitors deleted  it.

@MalteseMomma   @Patz822   The discussion wasn't about Jill's dress being rented.  It was another host's.  I don't see how anyone on here would know whether an item of clothing that a host wore was rented or bought.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor
I honestly think even Jill doesn't know what path she's going to take. But she's intelligent enough to know two things. First, QVC just wasn't working out for her anymore. And second, she had to go to social media right away to keep her fan base alive. It may take her a while to figure things out, but I have no doubt that she eventually will!
Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I always liked Jill and enjoyed watching her show, however I am somewhat surprised by all of the interest and speculation regarding her post departure. 

@RetRN Me too. I thought she did a great job presenting, but I did not know her personally so I have no interest in what she does in the future.  

Respected Contributor
The host that rented a dress recently for 1 of her shows was Amy Stran. She rented a dress that she wore on air recently from Rent the Runway. For some reason Jill doesn’t seem like the type to rent a dress.
Honored Contributor

Why on earth does LR's name have to be mentioned per a certain someone in a thread that doesn't even have anything to do with her?

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Patz822 wrote:

What line was her dress on the last show? For $1000. it wasn’t that spectacular.

@Patz822 

Somewhere here on the boards, I read  it  was rented from a popular store that I cannot remember the name of right now. I think the price was around $500 (more or less)  to rent. There is a thread on it,unless the monitors deleted  it.

@MalteseMomma   @Patz822   The discussion wasn't about Jill's dress being rented.  It was another host's.  I don't see how anyone on here would know whether an item of clothing that a host wore was rented or bought.

Wow!!!   I must be getting really old..lol...I remember it being the black dress Jill wore with the pretty  bottom on it.      gosh.....     Smiley Sad  

OMG,I checked it out and I did mix up the two posts.........wow!!!  I'm worried about myself....lol 

81 and  I have lost it..............

Honored Contributor

Jill said for the summer she plans on spending more time at the beach and more time at Trevor's games.  She jokingly commented on social media that putting all this together is like a full-time job and she just left one.

Jill also has help with her social media. She isn't doing this alone. During her first chat 2 former employees that used to help her were there because she called them out.

I don't know why people think money is the be all end all and that no one would leave a high paying job.  I know someone who left a 6 figure job and now struggles with money but she was tired of the amount of hours and the weird hours.  She missed a lot of family events and gatherings because of her job and she came to realize that enough was enough.

I just found out that another relative of mine is contemplating looking for another job.  He too is a big wig at a large company and makes a huge salary with access to the corporate jet.  But he and his wife started a family and he not only travels a lot for his job, both to other states and out of the country, but when he's here he works long hours.  He misses family time with his kids and is coming to the conclusion that the large salary isn't worth it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

I always liked Jill and enjoyed watching her show, however I am somewhat surprised by all of the interest and speculation regarding her post departure. 

N/M.  I think I have you mixed up with another poster.