Honored Contributor

I always liked Jill and enjoyed watching her show, however I am somewhat surprised by all of the interest and speculation regarding her post departure. 

Trusted Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

Love Jill, and was watching her new facebook live shows on her new facebook page.

She has had two live chats so far.

One thing I don't understand.  So she left her HIGH paying QVC job.

Now she is just going to do videos about cooking, decorating,etc.

Those videos take a lot of work!  And she is not getting paid for them!!

So why, would you leave a high paying job, but spend so much time doing videos about cooking and entertaining, and not getting paid for the work!!

Doesn't add up.  Something is strange!

Why do you think she left?  Maybe she was pushed out.

Respected Contributor

loriqvc, think what you will, but as others have mentioned, leaving a job after 25 years at the ripe age of Jill and expecting to find another similar salary or job is not going to happen. Age discrimination & so many other excuses the world will not consider her a fit. Reality, reality. Maybe as a vendor as other QVC hosts have moved onto.

Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I always liked Jill and enjoyed watching her show, however I am somewhat surprised by all of the interest and speculation regarding her post departure. 

Jill announced several times that she wanted people to join her new social media. 

She invited the "interest and speculation".

Trusted Contributor

First of all Jill cant sell anything or take any job until her one year non compete is up. Every host must wait it out a year until they can do anything. She left the Q probably for the same reason increased corporate micromanagement making it hard to have any creativity. Jill has come out and said how much she admires what Lisa has done so much. She said an online store isnt what shes thinking because Lisa is so good at it. Jill has been so complementary to LR
Esteemed Contributor

Re: JILL - HER SECOND ACT?

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO - I usually try not to comment on your posts, but what you just wrote is absolutely not true. Setting aside the LR ridiculousness, a non-compete agreement is just what it sounds like: an agreement not to take a position with a new employer that directly competes with your previous employer. Jill can get any other non-TV-salesperson job she wants to whenever she wants to. But she has made it pretty clear that's not her intention for the near future, if ever, and she simply wants to enjoy time with her family and a nice, relaxing summer.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why are several of you wondering if she was pushed out, what happened, etc.?  I don't understand what you are basing your comments  on.  Don't you think some people have made enough money, are financially secure and have elected to have a different, more calm lifestyle.   She has a son and a step daughter.  She has a beach house and I'm sure lots of friends and activities she enjoys.   There comes a time in one's life when they elect, on their own terms, to spend  their life doing something else.  I doubt Jill was pushed out. 

Most all, if not all, talk on these forums is nothing more than speculation.    Jonnysbro, on the other hand, is apparently LR's publicity manager.   It seems he  starts  posts so he can inject LR's name somewhere down the line.  

Respected Contributor

Sadie45, Fantasy. I don't buy that people "have made enough $" and elect a more calm lifestyle. It costs to live, esp. if you have kids.

Even people who don't need to work, work because work is more than just $$.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patz822 wrote:

What line was her dress on the last show? For $1000. it wasn’t that spectacular.

Valued Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Sadie45, Fantasy. I don't buy that people "have made enough $" and elect a more calm lifestyle. It costs to live, esp. if you have kids.

Even people who don't need to work, work because work is more than just $$.

@ahoymate 

Its fantasy for some but not for everybody. Some people can do this because they are financially secure ( even with 2kids) after 25 years of stressful job even to be just 51 years old.