Honored Contributor

Paul and Judy are selling on their Facebook page.  They do a live show and sell jewelry, same format as lisa.

Jill will eventually get into selling something.  Right now she is cultivating viewers and keeping her social media numbers up until she can sell something to make money.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor
I loved my job but love my retirement more. Tho she isn’t retiring, she has the freedom to do something that is enjoyable to her without any pressure. I think it can be taxing to be “on” all of the time. Viewers can be very critical, with all of the younger hosts, it must be a very competitive environment. I think she will do something re the home, decor, crafts, cooking etc. I’d not rule out a joint venture with VPH
Honored Contributor

I could definitely see Jill partnering with Valerie Parr Hill.  I think they have a similar sensiblity.  I was never a fan of Jill's decor style, and never thought she had any special talent at it.  YHJ was the least of the reasons I thought Jill was a great host (when working alone).  She was wonderfully thorough, and smart, and had a fantastic TV presence.  Jewelry, fashions, beauty products, kitchen items -- she could sell it all.  But for me, not home design; YHJ was never on my radar to watch. 

No to soap rocks, those frightening Christmas figurines (Byers Carolers), huge candlesticks with sugared fruit glued to them, how to fold a fitted sheet, etc.  I mention those specifically because Jill always said she personally asked for those in her shows, or personally created them.  I found very little inspiration or reason to purchase anything from YHJ.

Trusted Contributor
"Frightening" Christmas figurines.😂That cracked me up!
And I always thought those soap rocks were so pretty, but aren't they hard to manipulate because of the shape?
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Sooner and @Lipstickdiva - I've heard her say she's too young to retire and *plans* to work again in some form; I've never heard her say she *has* to work.

@loriqvc, she made the comment early on, on her Instagram when peope were congratulating her over and over on retiring.

If she can afford 2 kids in college, a million dollar beach house plus her everyday residence without having to work, good for her.  LOL     

Valued Contributor

Yes - to question about soap rocks.

Respected Contributor

CaaarefulShopper.....totally agree about the scary figurines or whatever they were. Decorating ideas are things that can be found many places and often more unique that the QVC assortment.

Occasional Contributor

I agree. I too think that her contract wasn't renewed. During her first fb video chat, she said something about not "selling things" anymore. Then she posts about products that can be purchased on QVC. Interesting. I think she's trying to position herself in somewhat the same way LR has.

Honored Contributor

On her video the day after her "QVC parting party" she did mention "not selling anything."   I'm sure what she does online will be for some type of income and not just "to keep busy."  

Trusted Contributor

I was 49 years old when our food company, based in NY, moved to Illinois.  Eight hundred of us were out of a job, only a handful were taken.  I was offered a very nice severance package, considering I was "just" a secretary.  I was at my company 30 years at the time.

My sister "retired" at 55.  Her company offered packages to anyone 55+ years old with 20+ years of service.  She was 55 w/30 years of service.  She decided to take it, though she wasn't retiring, because she knew layoffs were coming and she would get nothing.  Now she's a teacher's aide at a local school.

This could be going on at Q also - offering packages to long time employees.

I retired June 30, 2018 from a school district.  I loved my job and always said I was going to stay until I turned 66 (10/2020) and go right into Social Security.  Then my boss, the principal, got promoted to superintendent.  And the new principal was awful.  So I gave my 6 month notice - to get my sick time paid out, I had to give 6 months notice.  He started August 4, I knew by the first day of school that I was out of there.  And this past school year, I have been subbing.  In fact, except for the month of January, I have been working non stop.

When a new management comes in, sometimes you know very quickly that it's time to move on.  

Jill will be okay.  After 25 years of service, why should she be working the midnight shift?