Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I really believe it was Jill’s decision to leave. Her schedule was being shifted around & she probably just wanted more control over her time.

I also believe that she still has a business connection to QVC.After all they have allowed her & other hosts to tout her new FB & Instagram pages.I don’t think they would allow it if they weren’t going to benefit.They’re all about their bottom line.

Either way I wish Jill the best.She is a knowledgeable, kind, sweet woman.

@NicksmomESQ 

Her new time slot and show schedule was awful....

@Spurt   I agree and have you noticed the crazy shift sthat Mary Beth is doing?  I could be wrong because I hate to claim something that I know nothing about, but as a customer you get to know  when your favs are on and I wouldn't like that schedule.  

@BalletBabe 

It baffles my mind what QVC's strategy is....If sales are down in the home category, how are they going to improve sales by burying Your Home With Jill which has a big following...burying it even more on Q2 on a late late time slot...Why not give it a chance in Prime Time on the main channel...Instead they create Your Home With David which is nothing more than items that we've seen over and over and over and apparently aren't interested in buying (that's really going to help home category sales animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif) At least YHWJ had some new unique items....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I really believe it was Jill’s decision to leave. Her schedule was being shifted around & she probably just wanted more control over her time.

I also believe that she still has a business connection to QVC.After all they have allowed her & other hosts to tout her new FB & Instagram pages.I don’t think they would allow it if they weren’t going to benefit.They’re all about their bottom line.

@NicksmomESQ 

@Spurt   I agree and have you noticed the crazy shift sthat Mary Beth is doing?  I could be wrong because I hate to claim something that I know nothing about, but as a customer you get to know  when your favs are on and I wouldn't like that schedule.  

@BalletBabe 

It baffles my mind what QVC's strategy is....If sales are down in the home category, how are they going to improve sales by burying Your Home With Jill which has a big following...burying it even more on Q2 on a late late time slot...Why not give it a chance in Prime Time on the main channel...Instead they create Your Home With David which is nothing more than items that we've seen over and over and over and apparently aren't interested in buying (that's really going to help home category sales animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif) At least YHWJ had some new unique items....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@NicksmomESQ 

@BalletBabe 

@Spurt   You know there is no logic into most that they are doing.   IMO Q is slowly hanging themselves.  3 channels and for what?   Their prices are going through the roof and people like me are buying less and less.  When I see somethng that want and then add S&H and tax, it just isn't worth it.  It makes no sense at all.  Prices are really out of line.  I was looking at a pallet of eye shadow.  I put it in my cart.  I then went on a hunt to see if I could get it cheaper.   I went to Macy's and got free shipping, and the pallet itself was $10.00 less.  Figure that one out.   What they are doing is not going to help sales.  SMH   

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I don't mean this to be rude,but seriously isn't what Jill does her business?  I personally have a YouTube channel, I spend hours making video's, and I don't get paid.  I enjoy it.  I agree with others that none of us can know what she is going to do, but I think it is great that she is going to keep in touch with us in some way. I personally took her departure    harder then anyone else that has left QVC.  She was a wonderful host and I followed her from the day she started.  All that matters to me is that she is happy! 

@BalletBabe   Sometimes I wonder what planet I’m living on now. Do you care half as much when the sales lady at your local B&M store is no longer there? Why are people so enamored with people that are on television!? I’m not saying it’s bad or anything, I just can’t relate to those that worship people that work in the television and the movie industry. They are all paid actors to make us believe they love everything they sell. The better they act, the more they sell, the more they get paid! They are strangers selling stuff, not a good friend that we’ve taken time to get to know. To each their own, but I can’t begin to fathom this infatuation with so called celebrities. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I don't mean this to be rude,but seriously isn't what Jill does her business?  I personally have a YouTube channel, I spend hours making video's, and I don't get paid.  I enjoy it.  I agree with others that none of us can know what she is going to do, but I think it is great that she is going to keep in touch with us in some way. I personally took her departure    harder then anyone else that has left QVC.  She was a wonderful host and I followed her from the day she started.  All that matters to me is that she is happy! 

@BalletBabe   Sometimes I wonder what planet I’m living on now. Do you care half as much when the sales lady at your local B&M store is no longer there? Why are people so enamored with people that are on television!? I’m not saying it’s bad or anything, I just can’t relate to those that worship people that work in the television and the movie industry. They are all paid actors to make us believe they love everything they sell. The better they act, the more they sell, the more they get paid! They are strangers selling stuff, not a good friend that we’ve taken time to get to know. To each their own, but I can’t begin to fathom this infatuation with so called celebrities. 

Please don't twist what I say.   I worship no one.  I enjoyed her as a show host, because she knew her products, she was calm and explained everything in full.  I never looked at her as a celebrity.  The B&M  people you never get to know at all.  I cannot watch so many of the hosts, but Jill I loved. She was one of the best.  

Honored Contributor

oh, she has high hopes of becoming another Martha Stewart.  I do not see it. She does not have the charisma.    

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@NicksmomESQ 

@BalletBabe 

@Spurt wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@NicksmomESQ 

@BalletBabe 

@Spurt   You know there is no logic into most that they are doing.   IMO Q is slowly hanging themselves.  3 channels and for what?   Their prices are going through the roof and people like me are buying less and less.  When I see somethng that want and then add S&H and tax, it just isn't worth it.  It makes no sense at all.  Prices are really out of line.  I was looking at a pallet of eye shadow.  I put it in my cart.  I then went on a hunt to see if I could get it cheaper.   I went to Macy's and got free shipping, and the pallet itself was $10.00 less.  Figure that one out.   What they are doing is not going to help sales.  SMH   

@BalletBabe 

ITA better deals elsewhere these days!!!!...QVC is pricing themselves out of the retail market...I got 2 pairs of jeans free shipping from Dillards on line.  So much less than what QVC charges for ONE pair of jeans from Isaac, D&C ...this was at Dillards regular price....  Bought blush at Macy's..  You pay S&H on each item even if you want 2 different colors on same clothing item, QVC gets the benefit on shipping not the customer..because they use the same box to send both.... QVC doesn't understand ...SMH  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Super Contributor

When I stared this thread, I was curious to see how she went from a high paying job, to no job, with no income.

But can someone explain something to me???????

Why does the company give the employee a NON-COMPETE clause??

Now obviously, nobody owns you.....so why would you sign a non-compete clause??? 

Because I am sure there is severance pay attached!!

If not, why would you sign????

Esteemed Contributor

@qvc chick - Non-compete clauses are standard in many industries nowadays; I've worked as a writer in various fields for over 25 years, and I've had to sign them with almost every employer I've had. In the media/entertainment industry, these agreements are crucial because they maintain the company's brand, prevent sharing of trade secrets, and may help avoid confusion among customers and partners when a familiar face pops up somewhere else doing a similar job.

As for severance pay, that typically only applies to layoffs, so it has little to no bearing on a non-compete clause.

Why sign? Because you won't get the job if you don't. And again, in most industries, the clauses are expected and very specific in their scope—they won't strictly prohibit you from taking a similar job as long as certain requirements are met.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I am so tired of hearing about this woman... Her second act? Not interested... I wasn't a fan of her first one... My guess is she's trying to set herself up as some kind of 'influencer'... Not happening in my world... She was given a 'house and home' niche while at QVC but that doesn't make her an expert on anything, nor does it mean she has exceptional taste, nor, to my mind, does she have what it takes to be a trend-setter... Moving on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

When I stared this thread, I was curious to see how she went from a high paying job, to no job, with no income.

But can someone explain something to me???????

Why does the company give the employee a NON-COMPETE clause??

Now obviously, nobody owns you.....so why would you sign a non-compete clause??? 

Because I am sure there is severance pay attached!!

If not, why would you sign????

@qvc chick  Are you thinking she needs money from a job?  Non-compete clauses are pretty standard in businesses where brands and images are important.  If you quit or retire, why would you expect severance pay?