Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I watched too and I must say her vivacious personality really shines through. No fits & starts, no ipad scrolling, no monitor gazing, no sillyness, no fiddling with her hair, no scratching, just pure enjoyment watching and listening to her. Her confident presentations on the Q have translated right into her Facebook chats. The video did get a little fuzzy a few times but I suspect that will get squared away in short order. I predict she's going to be darn good at this. But time will tell.

Sounds like she's off to a good start!  IMO this sort of thing requires planning and good technical support.  I think Jill's the type who wouldn't go live unless she was confident everything was going to go smoothly.  Whatever this new adventure is, my guess is it will be done tastefully and professionally.

Super Contributor

It's human nature to be curious, but can't we just accept the explanation Jill gave us and go on. People say they are not going to retire anytime soon and circumstances come up unexpectedly. Whatever her reason for leaving is her business and she told us what she wants us to know. Period. I'm not slamming anyone. I'm just saying the sun is going to come up, we are going to go about our business and Jill is going to do whatever Jill wants to do. Or we can continue to hash this out until we are all nuked with the same result.....Jill told us what she wants us to know.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvc chick   From all I've read, I'm in the minority here; however, I will never be convinced that Jill left voluntarily. Personally, I believe she was in a snit about something (QVC2?) and gave her notice before thinking it through, then her pride wouldn't allow for her to say she changed her mind. JMO

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep - Did you see how happy Jill was during her final month? That's the primary reason I am confident that the decision to leave was hers and that she doesn't regret her decision at all. In her Facebook messages this past week, she has also looked and sounded incredibly happy and completely free from stress. I wish her all the best (and hope that I am fortunate enough to get a similar opportunity to take a break from the everyday grind in the future <;]).

Respected Contributor

I don’t think I ever heard Jill mention the word retirement. I think that came from  speculation on the boards.

Respected Contributor
Same could be said about Blue Jean Chef Meredith Lawrence. She is very active on social media and as far as I know, has not announced another pay job. IMO it’s like putting out feelers or auditioning for what might be offered for next adventure. There is not a lot of money to be made on YouTube just by monitizing ones channel unless you have millions of subscribers such as Casey Neistat does.
Respected Contributor
She initially did say “retirement” then soon after rescinded it.
Respected Contributor

Kindaglitzy......I must have missed that. Did not hear the “ R” word!

Respected Contributor

I think that Jill will eventually follow Valerie Parr Hill and have her own home decorating line!

Esteemed Contributor

Jill very clearly stated several times that she is NOT planning to retire but just wants to change directions; all the "new chapter" and "new adventure" references that have been popping up around the forums are from things she's said, but they're typical broad generalities that people use when making a life change. I know I used "new chapter" several times when I left my previous job because it was a much shorter and simpler explanation for what I planned to do next.