Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: JILL - HER SECOND ACT?

[ Edited ]

My best guess is that after being with QVC for 25 years the company gave her a Golden Handshake to get her high salary off the full time payroll. I also think Jill was done with full-time work, as she had been on air less frquently this year. The previous post about Jill working social media for some QVC products makes sense and it would allow her to work her own hours, especially during the summer months. Baseball, pool and beach house with the fam? Yes, please.

Esteemed Contributor

@debmmm wrote:

First off she is not retired.  She is just going to do something else.  I really think they did not renew her contract.  She was always saying she wasn't going anywhere even after the holidays and then in April she states she is leaving.  There is alot more to this.  I don't think this was her decision to leave.  

A lot of changes have taken place and continue to take place at the Q since the QVC/HSN deal and possibly since the holidays some of those changes didn't sit well with her and caused a change of heart. We can speculate all we want but who knows really?

Esteemed Contributor

I really believe it was Jill’s decision to leave. Her schedule was being shifted around & she probably just wanted more control over her time.

I also believe that she still has a business connection to QVC.After all they have allowed her & other hosts to tout her new FB & Instagram pages.I don’t think they would allow it if they weren’t going to benefit.They’re all about their bottom line.

Either way I wish Jill the best.She is a knowledgeable, kind, sweet woman.

Trusted Contributor

We can speculate all we want about why she left, but until she actually tells us, we'll never know.  What I do know is twenty five years is a long time to do any job and if she's wanted to try a new venture or adventure, it's a great time now to do it.  If she got a new offer, terrific for her.  She had and her husband has a job that pays very well and the little bit we know about them seems to indicate they live quite comfortably.  I hope she's invested her money well so she can try any and all those things she's always wanted to do.  I would guess that all of the longtime QVC hosts are well off financially.  Anyway, we'll stay tuned to watch Jill's next chapter.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvc chick 

What do you want her to do with her time as she waits for Trevor's next baseball game or a visit by her daughter from college????.....Sit aound and watch QVC from her couch, perhaps?????....OR maybe doing something she enjoys????....Just asking???

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I really believe it was Jill’s decision to leave. Her schedule was being shifted around & she probably just wanted more control over her time.

I also believe that she still has a business connection to QVC.After all they have allowed her & other hosts to tout her new FB & Instagram pages.I don’t think they would allow it if they weren’t going to benefit.They’re all about their bottom line.

Either way I wish Jill the best.She is a knowledgeable, kind, sweet woman.

@NicksmomESQ 

Her new time slot and show schedule was awful....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvc chick 

I think it is fair for some to possibly see something strange as more & more long term employees of these shopping channels are suddenly announcing they are on to their next "journey".  The Blue Jean Chef, Jill Bauer, now 3 over at HSN are looking forward to their next adventure.  Allison Waggoner at Evine, too.  I am retired now, but when I worked that was the language HR often used (or encouraged the employee to use) to position a directed departure in a fashion that supposedly saved face for both the company & the employee.  It didn't fool most people.

Many do eventually go on to a new "adventure" and ultimately it is between the company and the employee as to what they agree upon regarding their departure. It is also possible they made the decision themselves.  I am inclined to think it is too many, too soon, with too many parting tears to be a personal decision, but that is just my own opinion...everyone is entitled to their view of the changes.  

Whatever the reason, I hope they all leave feeling valued, knowing the many years they lasted at the company speak to their success.  Hopefully they will all find a fresh opportunity that will challenge them in new ways and open more doors for them.  Down the road, they will all likely be glad they left when they did because these shopping channels are changing in ways that may well be creating their own obsolescence.  JMHO
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I don't think there is anything strange about wanting a change after 25 years.  Retirement is not about doing nothing.  It's the freedom to do the things you love to do when you want to do them....or not! 

@KentuckyWoman: Exactly! Jill can do whatever she wants. There doesn't have to be any rhyme or reason. We don't have to understand anything. Frankly, she doesn't owe us any explanation whatsoever. I wish her well in whatever she decides to do.  

Regular Contributor

What line was her dress on the last show? For $1000. it wasn’t that spectacular.

Esteemed Contributor

What's strange?