Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

I agree with your statements.  I am  surprised QVC is allowing her to promote her new facebook page while on the air for QVC.  She has mentioned it so many times it is obvious she really wants followers.  There has to be a reason someone wants to be followed; she definately has something up her sleeve or she would just leave and get on with her personal life.  I guess she wants a "tribe" like Lisa R.  I wish her luck but her plugging her new Just Jill Bauer facebook page is getting a little much!

Jill has said often she hopes to stay at Q.  What is strange about the whole thing is that everyone else spoke of the  no compete and disclosure clause for 3 years in their contracts. So Q is either softening the blow to Jill's loyal customers or quietly funding her new venture.

@hopi, I don't believe the non-compete clause is 3 years.  I believe it is 1 year.  That is generally how long a host is gone before they appear in another sales venue if that is what they are going to do.

What Jill is doing wouldn't be a violation of a non-compete agreement. All Jill is doing is directing people to her new social media pages.  She isn't selling products on those pages.  She isn't doing anything to compete with QVC in any way.     

Esteemed Contributor

Re: JILL BAUER LEAVING

[ Edited ]

The only "facts" I have ever read about hosts' contracts have been on these boards, so I would say I take all of it with a grain of salt, given that I suspect no one posting here has ever read a host contract or is a host's attorney.

The only other mention of one I'm aware of was on Sharon's Facebook page where she said she could not discuss salary/compensation even after she left for contractual reasons.  There's probably a non-disclosure time frame for that.

Honored Contributor

Re: JILL BAUER LEAVING

[ Edited ]

@livinthelife101 

You don't have to be on Facebook to view the hosts' pages, nor Jill's new Facebook page, or any other public pages.

Just click on "not now" if it asks you to join.

That being said, you can view but you can't post questions or comments unless you belong.  But if that's not important, you are good to go.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I do wish her the best but she is just a host on a shopping channel and I just don't understand anyone who won't shop QVC anymore because a host decided to leave.  I buy here because of products I like and want.   

Yes!  Always funny to read posts that state sales are based on any one host.  I barely know who all the hosts are, and don't really care.
Trusted Contributor

Years ago, when Victor Velez, Gwen Owens et al sued the Q for discrimination, it was revealed in court documents that overnight hosts started at around $80,000.  Now that was 20 years ago, at least (IIRC).  Senior hosts were reportedly in the $250,000 range.  Salary supposedly is not based upon sales, but if you were David Venable selling a quarter of a billion dollars of kitchen goods, wouldn't you want to see a raise here and there?

New Contributor

This message is for Jill.  QVC will not be the same without you.  It doesnt matter how many new young hosts they hire.  Jill, you are the real deal.....what you see and hear, is what you get.  Honesty and integrity are characteristics that are hard to come by, and you, my dear, possess them both.  I have so enjoyed watching you, expecially when you presented, " You're Home with Jill".  I will personally miss you very much, and I feel sad that you're leaving.  On the less selfish side of me, I hope that whatever the future holds for you, is exactly what you need.  Thank you for sharing yourself with me and keeping me company,  God bless you and yours in everything you do!  I consider myself your biggest fan and supporter.  I hope you receive a zillion well wishes......you deserve every one of them.

Sheryl from Missouri

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

Years ago, when Victor Velez, Gwen Owens et al sued the Q for discrimination, it was revealed in court documents that overnight hosts started at around $80,000.  Now that was 20 years ago, at least (IIRC).  Senior hosts were reportedly in the $250,000 range.  Salary supposedly is not based upon sales, but if you were David Venable selling a quarter of a billion dollars of kitchen goods, wouldn't you want to see a raise here and there?

@sashamatthews 

A magazine article I read on QVC hosts said they don't get commission but can get pay raises and bonuses....and could impact contract renewal

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The only "facts" I have ever read about hosts' contracts have been on these boards, so I would say I take all of it with a grain of salt, given that I suspect no one posting here has ever read a host contract or is a host's attorney.

The only other mention of one I'm aware of was on Sharon's Facebook page where she said she could not discuss salary/compensation even after she left for contractual reasons.  There's probably a non-disclosure time frame for that.

@Johnnyeagera few hosts in the past have indicated they had to wait out a one year non-compete when they showed up on another network. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sashamatthews wrote:

@sashamatthews 

A magazine article I read on QVC hosts said they don't get commission but can get pay raises and bonuses....and could impact contract renewal

When JRT left QVC and was selling silver and had her own message board, she also said the hosts do not get commission.  Others have said their sales are kept track of and mentioned bonuses.  I have also heard some hosts (not current ones) talk about an attorney negotiating a new contract for them so you would think at that time they negotiate a higher salary. 

Super Contributor

I beleive she said she wanted to spend more time with her family.. She had a place at the beach and I am sure thats where she will be spending her time this summer.. 25 yrs that's a long time and she saId thats a good time to stop.