Honored Contributor

Re: JILL BAUER LEAVING

[ Edited ]

@Jaspersmom wrote:

How fickle posters can be.  I remember not too long ago when people were unkind with their comments about Jill.  I have always liked Jill and if I have to pick a favorite, she's been one of mine.  However, in the past there were posts about her talking too much or being too pushy or talking over vendors, etc.  I'm glad she'll be missed because IMHO she's a topnotch host who did her job extremely well.  I wish her much good luck.  

I've always appreciated her preparation and knowledge of the products she presented--none better!....But I did prefer her hosting alone.....I think seeing the direction and instruction QVC is giving to newer hosts, people have come to appreciate Jill more...

I wish her well in what endeavors she chooses whether it be more family time or a new career 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

I agree with your statements.  I am  surprised QVC is allowing her to promote her new facebook page while on the air for QVC.  She has mentioned it so many times it is obvious she really wants followers.  There has to be a reason someone wants to be followed; she definately has something up her sleeve or she would just leave and get on with her personal life.  I guess she wants a "tribe" like Lisa R.  I wish her luck but her plugging her new Just Jill Bauer facebook page is getting a little much!

@Catch71 

Us Jersey gals think alike!......lol

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@MarthaStewardess 

Yes, it was during her anniversary show 4 months before she announced she was leaving when she said, "I will be around for a long time, if you'll have me."

Maybe the Q offered her some sort of lucrative retirement package?  Guess we'll never know.

I enjoyed her hosting and will miss her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

I agree with your statements.  I am  surprised QVC is allowing her to promote her new facebook page while on the air for QVC.  She has mentioned it so many times it is obvious she really wants followers.  There has to be a reason someone wants to be followed; she definately has something up her sleeve or she would just leave and get on with her personal life.  I guess she wants a "tribe" like Lisa R.  I wish her luck but her plugging her new Just Jill Bauer facebook page is getting a little much!

Jill has said often she hopes to stay at Q.  What is strange about the whole thing is that everyone else spoke of the  no compete and disclosure clause for 3 years in their contracts. So Q is either softening the blow to Jill's loyal customers or quietly funding her new venture.

Honored Contributor

Did JB or a relative post this?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good one...I often wonder the same thing about other posts on hosts that go on forever.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you're on Facebook, Mary Beth Roe posted a nice video chat between David Venable and Jill. It's just under 30 minutes long. 

It's part chat and part interview. They talk about how they met at QVC, how they used to have to buy their own food for the cooking shows, the shows they used to co-host (remember the old Warner Brothers shows?), which celebrity was Jill most nervous about meeting ...... lots of other topics.

I enjoyed it very much.

Valued Contributor

I do not think the queen of England,would get this much attention,if she stepped down from her throne.For whatever reason,Jill is leaving a job,as a salesperson,and she is a really good one,but as in most cases someone will soon take her place,as is always the case.Remember,she is leaving a job,which most of us have done at one time or another!

Trusted Contributor
But we're not on tv, she is. That's the difference. I'm not trying to give you a hard time mosky. I'm just saying, curiosity about public figures seems to be human nature.
Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@MarthaStewardess 

Yes, it was during her anniversary show 4 months before she announced she was leaving when she said, "I will be around for a long time, if you'll have me."

I remember it!