Honored Contributor

I’m not that personally vested in anyone (host, vendor or models) to have it affect me one way or the other. It doesn’t change which shows I watch or what I may or may not purchase. 

Respected Contributor

She is a salesperson on a shopping channel. How can this so affect people? 

Honored Contributor

I hope the OP can carry on and still enjoy life.  I'm not being facetious.  The OP is either overly dramatic about a shopping channel host, or she really is quite sincerely affected.  Either way, it is both sad and very touching at the same time.

Jill was a great host.  She was sometimes a little over-bearing and self-congratulatory for my taste.  But she was always a pro and great at her job.  No one showed up more prepared that Jill!  She's a class act and I bet she will be very happy in whatever she chooses to do next. 

Trusted Contributor
I just have to weigh in one more time...even though I have "Jill fatigue" at this point lol. And if I said this before, please forgive me. The irony of Jill Bauer is that while she is the most informative host, at times she doesn't know when to get off her soapbox. That's why I think her "Just Jill" social media is a great idea...her things her way. Don't get me wrong. I really like her & I'll really miss her. She seems like a great mom. And it seems like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. You go Jill!👍
Respected Contributor

Jill is great but honestly, I don't watch all that much any more.  Maybe she sees the writing on the wall that home shopping overall is going downhill.  There is much dissatisfaction with QVC especially these days, with their horrible shipping, high prices and overall lack of VALUE. 

Esteemed Contributor

@VICKIH 

Jill mentioned wanting to be able to spend more time with her mother, and I see no reason to look any further into that statement.

I don't know why you've assumed her employment was terminated, but bargaining for retaining Jill with a trade-off ...

"Let Shawn go..."       Lol! 😂

I find Jill quite watchable, but I never watched a QVC show just because Jill was hosting. I watch and buy, or don't based solely on my interest in the scheduled PRODUCT.

Super Contributor

@VICKIH  Why are you shouting? First, everyone is replaceable. Jill worked at QVC for a very long time and whether she was let go or decided to leave, people move on.

Second, she worked at QVC she was not part owner or partner.

Change is good and people do move on to better things. Third, sales will not drop because ONE host is gone.

I'm not a fan of any of the host, but I do enjoy some more than others when I watched QVC.  I'm not consumed with QVC because I have my own interest,  hobbies and a life. 

I wish Jill good success in whatever has decided to do.

Honored Contributor

Re: JILL BAUER LEAVING

[ Edited ]

Poor woman can't even retire without assumptions being made- it's none of our business first of all.*****

Let me reiterate "none of our business"...  none of our business as to why she's retiring or leaving QVC.  I am well aware she and the Q are making it our business but as to why is what I meant..  Very sorry to not making myself clearer.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

If anyone is interested, Jill will be presenting "A Host of Beauty Favorites" tonight from 10:00 p.m. to midnight ET on the main channel.

Esteemed Contributor

I disagree.

If she didn't want it to be anyone's business she would have just walked out the door, gone and done, nothing said.

Not made a big announcement several months ago on a Philosophy show.

Not mentioned it every time she's been on air since.

Wouldn't be having a big farewell tomorrow night.

Wouldn't have choked up during the last Your Home with Jill show.

Wouldn't have made a point of letting everyone know about her new Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Not that it's a bad thing....I enjoyed watching Jill....

But she certainly is making this everyone's business, as is QVC.