Honored Contributor

Re: JEWELRY IS TOO HOT TO WEAR, BUT BE SURE TO BUNDLE UP FOR SUMMER!

On 6/11/2014 GG13 said:

I sometimes read your posts, and admit some are quite funny. However, all of your posts are critical of QVC; if you find them so awful, why do you bother watching and posting?

Because QVC has gone down hill (and the sales figures bear it out) and it's become so repetitive (particularly on the weekends) that I do not watch like I used to. And instead of offering UNIQUE items, they offer and air products that can be purchased cheaper locally .....

They still have a few vendors that I do like very much that for the most part are unfortunately aired at 2 or 3 in the morning or during the day (can't watch working) just so QVC can show the same ole stuff in prime time ....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

I DO like -

Or Paz

Carolyn Pollack Sincerely Collection

Valerie Parr Hill

Jim Shore

Tig and Dooney handbags

REAL gold and silver jewelry WITHOUT resin or bronzo....

a couple of the cosmetics-use the primer and lipstick

Ryka

Linea clothing

Sunny Leigh clothing

I used to like some of the other clothing but their quality and sizing has become poor and inconsistent....and prices not competitive can find better deal at Macy's, Dillards, and other retailers

real home decor shows---

I check the Program Guide or when flipping if I see something interesting I may stop and tune in....but come on you have to admit how many airings of computers/tablets, Vitamix, Dyson, Shark, can one endure--and that is what Im speaking up about!!! No I don't want to or need to watch 24/7---HEAVENS NO!!!! But it would be nice to have something different on once in a while particularly on the weekends that might peak the interest of not only me, but other tenured customers, who also write regularly on Q DID WHAT.

It appears that QVC is more interested in flashy show intros, clever show titles or "theme days/weeks" than bringing in something different! Apparently they have not heard of customer retention!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 6/8/2014 stevieb said:
On 6/8/2014 SPURT said:
On 6/7/2014 stevieb said:

Now Spurt, we've never claimed moms wasn't as transparent as a freshly cleaned plate glass window...

Wink

Off to do some layering, but remove all my jewelry. After all, we're in the 80's today....

80's.....80's.....80's......BRRRRRRR!!!!! I think you better bundle up instead---and you may need a necklace or two to help keep you warm! Wink

BTW did you have to rub it in....mid 90's here and just as humid...but oh wait the inaccurate weather forecasters say we are expecting a "cool front".....supposed to be NEAR 90 with a chance of rain...{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I wonder if that means they will put THE HEATER on in the Spur's arena....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Uh, Spurt, don't you think they already have as much Heat as they can handle...? Maybe even a little more...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Uh Stevie----and sometimes the A/C cools OFF the HEAT!!!!....Perhaps LeBron got too cold last night....maybe you should send him and the team some QVC scarves....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 6/10/2014 golfcartrider said:

This is all so true! On one show don't wear to much on another show the more you wear the better you look, on one the Kuerig is the very best on another the Mr. Coffee is the very best. On one show the gold jewelry is the ONLY way to go on another gold is so over rated we should wear the fake. One host tell us that Dyson is the best vacuum out there and two days later they tell us that the Shark or Hoover is the best. The beauty product they are selling at the moment is the only one the host wears UNTIL she is on again with another product and THAT is the ONLY one she uses.

It just goes to show that WHATEVER the host is selling at that moment it is the very BEST until the next show.

You make some excellent points golfcartrider.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And I have noticed the hypocrisy in the beauty products too---they flit from brand to brand-- one day this brand is the host's off camera favorite brand, next day it's a different brand that they say is their favorite ---and it all depends on whatever brand is showing....it is all very AMUSING....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 6/7/2014 BevG said:

And yet, they are selling those very huge Joan Rivers necklaces as perfect for summer. I get hot just thinking about all of those beads hanging on my neck when it's in the 90's and humid. Maybe I can layer a scarf under them to absorb the sweat.

That's it BevG the scarves absorb the sweat....why didn't I think of that....Wink

Honored Contributor

On 6/11/2014 SPURT said:
On 6/8/2014 SPURT said:

Now Spurt, we've never claimed moms wasn't as transparent as a freshly cleaned plate glass window...

Wink

Off to do some layering, but remove all my jewelry. After all, we're in the 80's today....

80's.....80's.....80's......BRRRRRRR!!!!! I think you better bundle up instead---and you may need a necklace or two to help keep you warm! Wink

BTW did you have to rub it in....mid 90's here and just as humid...but oh wait the inaccurate weather forecasters say we are expecting a "cool front".....supposed to be NEAR 90 with a chance of rain...{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I wonder if that means they will put THE HEATER on in the Spur's arena....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Uh, Spurt, don't you think they already have as much Heat as they can handle...? Maybe even a little more...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Uh Stevie----and sometimes the A/C cools OFF the HEAT!!!!....Perhaps LeBron got too cold last night....maybe you should send him and the team some QVC scarves....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

Perhaps I should... Perhaps I would... if I cared... But I don't... Besides, here we are smack in the middle of BASEBALL season and the college world series...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 6/11/2014 stevieb said:
On 6/11/2014 SPURT said:
On 6/8/2014 SPURT said:

Wink

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Perhaps I should... Perhaps I would... if I cared... But I don't... Besides, here we are smack in the middle of BASEBALL season and the college world series...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Enjoy your baseball....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}...BUT you will be "happy" to know ONLY 53 days until the NFL preseason starts....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 6/11/2014 SPURT said:
On 6/11/2014 stevieb said:
On 6/11/2014 SPURT said:
On 6/8/2014 SPURT said:

Wink

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Enjoy your baseball....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}...BUT you will be "happy" to know ONLY 53 days until the NFL preseason starts....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Be still my heart... The only upside to that is basketball season will finally be over!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 6/11/2014 SPURT said:
On 6/10/2014 golfcartrider said:

This is all so true! On one show don't wear to much on another show the more you wear the better you look, on one the Kuerig is the very best on another the Mr. Coffee is the very best. On one show the gold jewelry is the ONLY way to go on another gold is so over rated we should wear the fake. One host tell us that Dyson is the best vacuum out there and two days later they tell us that the Shark or Hoover is the best. The beauty product they are selling at the moment is the only one the host wears UNTIL she is on again with another product and THAT is the ONLY one she uses.

It just goes to show that WHATEVER the host is selling at that moment it is the very BEST until the next show.

You make some excellent points golfcartrider.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And I have noticed the hypocrisy in the beauty products too---they flit from brand to brand-- one day this brand is the host's off camera favorite brand, next day it's a different brand that they say is their favorite ---and it all depends on whatever brand is showing....it is all very AMUSING....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I has become almost comical to watch and see just how many products one person can use because as we all know the host uses the product she is selling every day. LOL

Don't worry, be Happy!