Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Re: JANE TREACY - DID I HEAR RIGHT??

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I love this thread! I never realized how many truly witty people we have here.

-----

The funniest posters are on the Young & Restless TV thread @suzyQ3 . Sometimes I wish they wrote the show.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@suzeecat 

I don't care either!  Quite frankly, I don't care about the private lives of any host.  I have no idea about the lives of those who assist me at b&m stores, they are there to do their jobs, not to inform the public about their personal lives.   

Back in the 1980's I worked in a very nice department store.  I was manager for Clinique.  Applying makeup brings the customer up close which can bring down the curtain between sales person and customer.  I doubt I ever mentioned my family, unless asked, and no one else in the department talked to customers about their private lives. It just wasn't done. 

It's not the same thing.  Home Shopping Network hosts are invited into our homes (by us), and the networks want us to think of them as our friends - or at least as people who wouldn't steer us wrong.  They become familiar to us because we see them over and over, and sales increase if viewers feel that there's a personal touch.

That's entirely different than b&m stores.  Home shopping is unique and not like other types of sales in a lot of ways.

I'm in agreement with you on one thing, though - I'm not at all interested in the private lives of hosts. I could not care less if they're married, have kids, just got back from a cruise, none of it.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@indoor kitty wrote:

She babbles on so much she doesn't know what she's saying.

@indoor kitty 

I wonder if they have to give her oxygen when her shift is over?

BWAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH    GOOD ONE!   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@indoor kitty wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@indoor kitty wrote:

She babbles on so much she doesn't know what she's saying.

@indoor kitty   I agree. She certainly talks a lot...usually fast and without interesting content. Nothing new, but not knowing how many children you have? 

The worst is when she mentions a family member when it has nothing to do with the product  and make no sense. Using family to sell a product is just icky to me.

That is why I don't watch her. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

HOW IN THE WORLD, CAN YOU MAKE A MISTAKE ON HOW MANY KIDS YOU HAVE????????

LOL.  I REVERSED THE TAPE, AND SHE DID SAY SHE HAS THREE DAUGHTERS.  NOT IN A JOKING WAY.  THEN SHE SAID HER OLDEST DAUGHTER LIVES IN NEW YORK

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Someone questioned her on her Facebook and she replied ‘only two’. 

The question was under Visitors Posts.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

HOW IN THE WORLD, CAN YOU MAKE A MISTAKE ON HOW MANY KIDS YOU HAVE????????

LOL.  I REVERSED THE TAPE, AND SHE DID SAY SHE HAS THREE DAUGHTERS.  NOT IN A JOKING WAY.  THEN SHE SAID HER OLDEST DAUGHTER LIVES IN NEW YORK

Why don't you go to her Facebook page and ask her why she said she has 3 daughters if she only has 2?  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Does someone actually keep track of what a host babbles on about? WHO CARES.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Appearantly the OP does. She said she has it on tape.She reversed the tape and listened again.