Esteemed Contributor

Item still in process…delayed why??

have an item starting out "preparing your order",  couple days later" in process ",  but the clincher is I CAN still cancel , which I know from experience with other items I sometimes can't even cancel within an hour ,  which makes me crazy !!!!   I feel the item will go into Backorder as when I ordered I wanted 2 actually,    it stated only 1 was available and was put in my cart .   So thinking that 1 wasn't really available after all 🤨. If that's the case I wish they would just let me know it's been 5 days now .

Honored Contributor

Re: Item still in process…delayed why??

Sadly, 5 days is is like 1 day for Q. So many things are shipped directly from vendors and that adds more time.

I've never seen another retailer so slow. Returns will be slow for months now....they'll use Christmas as an excuse even in March. 

I've always wondered what Q pays the people who process shipments and returns. I doubt it's a living wage.

I ran a huge corporate mail dept for a few years and know the pay the lousy there. Fighting for better pay was a fulltime job itself.

When something goes wrong they always blame the low paid employees and make excuses. They never think of staffing levels, workload, salary, efficiency improvements, benefits,etc. They think ordering a few pizzas is motivating....not.

Honored Contributor

The good or bad aspects of a company always start at the top.  QVC is in desperate need of new top managment.

Honored Contributor

Returns do NOT have to be slow if you use the EZ Returns method.

Credits in a couple days, so I don't care how long it takes to crawl back.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an "as is" order I placed on 10/25 that bounces back and forth from "in process' to "preparing your order".

I am waiting to see how long this will go on....LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I guess it's because I can still cancel which does not usually happen at least that's what I've found on my orders .  If I don't cancel within an hour most of the time or even sooner  it states can't be cancelled !

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have orders sitting for weeks now and unable to cancel. When I contact CC, they say the item can't be cancelled. That is deceit.. If they have not shipped, THEY ARE STILL THERE AND CAN BE STOPPED! Computers are used to process these items. Mark it as canelled and it won't progress to be sent!   I have shopped here for 3 decades and spend thousands annually. The ordering/shipping issues have gotten MUCH worse in the past year.
So when these items are resolved, I'm done.
I have decided to take a few items up with my credit card provider. These items have not been delivered but "Cannot be cancelled". So when it comes through I will ask Visa to reject payment back due to deceiving business practice. 
An asterisk saying delivery is an estimate, is not a valid cover for outright deceit. And I noted that the delivery date was altered on 2 items to future dates from past dates.

I am sick of it. I don't see any way that a company can survive providing this kind of service.

I'm immunocompromised so this was a convenient way to shop. But when you cannot depend on receiving what you order, what's the point?

I have no complaints about the tv folks, the programs or the items. My complaint is placed right at the feet of management in deceiving business practice in delivery of products. 

Delivery problems or slowdowns happen. Here's how to resolve that. 

Send an email.
YOUR ORDER ##### has been delayed. Please respond yes to wait or no to cancel.

See? That is an honest business practice. 

Honored Contributor

Years ago you could take it to the bank when you ordered something from QVC.  It was a good product, shipped quickly, billed correctly, and taken back if necessary without issues.  

Today I am very leery of buying from QVC for a number of reasons:  shoddy products; incorrect information too many times; product is not shipped when promised and you can't cancel; and in general some shady practices and promotions on their part.

I will order, but only under certain circumstances, and it is not a go-to site for me.  

Super Contributor

@Sooner  You have it exactly right. I am a QVC "LIFER".  A year or so ago I started getting disgusted with the errors etc. But now I feel like they have been deceitful in their information. I also feel they intentionally ignore requests to cancel. Their order and delivery information is not accurate. Not only do they make promises on air that can't be fulfilled, but they allow vendors to do the same. 
I can do business with a company that makes mistakes. I will not do business with a company that is deceitful and makes claims that are untrue. I draw the line at outright lying.
So, after decades of shopping here, spending thousands annually, as I am homebound due to illness, I'm done.
I have two orders (That I cancelled!!!) coming still. That's it. 
I'm disappointed that QVC has chosen this route...for me, for other shoppers who once trusted them, and for their loyal employees.
When we can no longer trust a company, why would support them?

Honored Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

@Sooner  You have it exactly right. I am a QVC "LIFER".  A year or so ago I started getting disgusted with the errors etc. But now I feel like they have been deceitful in their information. I also feel they intentionally ignore requests to cancel. Their order and delivery information is not accurate. Not only do they make promises on air that can't be fulfilled, but they allow vendors to do the same. 
I can do business with a company that makes mistakes. I will not do business with a company that is deceitful and makes claims that are untrue. I draw the line at outright lying.
So, after decades of shopping here, spending thousands annually, as I am homebound due to illness, I'm done.
I have two orders (That I cancelled!!!) coming still. That's it. 
I'm disappointed that QVC has chosen this route...for me, for other shoppers who once trusted them, and for their loyal employees.
When we can no longer trust a company, why would support them?

@10000thnickname I so agree!  I ordered a Le Creuset TSV three weeks before they shipped it and tried from day 1 to cancel because of something I found out about it that they ignored.

It was shipped and now is on it's way.  I tried and tried to cancel.  My husband worked it IT for 40 years so no don't tell me the computer cant.  The company WON'T cancel after you order.  Period.  

I could understand if it was shipped out in a couple days, but shipped out THREE weeks later and you can't cancel from the first day?