Trusted Contributor

Item Cost Less on Vendor's Site VS QVC's Site

[ Edited ]

We enjoy Farmer Jon's microwave popcorn and our supply was getting low.  It was time to reorder.  I checked QVC and Farmer Jon's websites for the best price.

Shipping and Handling is free on both sites; however, the price for the exact item was $3.63 less on Farmer Jon's site.  I thought because, as they say, "QVC purchases in volume" they can pass the savings to us?    Hmmm....not the case today with this product!

Super Contributor

Re: Item Cost Less on Vendor's Site VS QVC's Site

I have noticed that for other products as well.  Big change from years ago. 

Respected Contributor

Good thing you checked. Thanks for sharing. I wonder how often this is the case.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's unusual to find products on a vendor's website, or elsewhere, that are cheaper than QVC's prices.  QVC has a high overhead cost.  Items won't necessarily be cheaper because they sell a lot.

It pays to shop around.

Esteemed Contributor

You make a very good point.  Most times I shop around also and have found better deals elsewhere.   As a matter of fact I was reading reviews for the IHKWIP  PPE carrier crossbody bag and one actually stated that their website was less expensive and free shipping!!   I'm so glad I saw this as I bought several for Christmas gifts as I think they'll be a very useful gift.  They were $3.00 less per bag, free shipping and zero tax.  Scored!

Also, FYI, I ordered them on Tuesday and they are scheduled to be delivered today.

Pretty fast shipping too!    

Honored Contributor

Definitely pays to shop around!

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

We enjoy Farmer Jon's microwave popcorn and our supply was getting low.  It was time to reorder.  I checked QVC and Farmer Jon's websites for the best price.

Shipping and Handling is free on both sites; however, the price for the exact item was $3.63 less on Farmer Jon's site.  I thought because, as they say, "QVC purchases in volume" they can pass the savings to us?    Hmmm....not the case today with this product!

One year I forgot about sending Cheryl's cookies to my mother for Christmas.  When checking out QVC, CS said they could not deliver in time for the holiday (about 2 1/2 weeks out).  My Mother really liked her cookies and I didn't want to let her down so I tried Cheryl's website directly.  Not only did she get them in just a couple of days, the selection was better, was able to get more cookies for less money and free shipping.

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoopCongratulations. 

On occasion, I'll find a item on a vendor's website that is cheaper than it is on Amazon.  You've gotta be careful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop wrote:

@BunSnoop  Thanks for the info, I checked and my choice is also less..will be buying from Farmer Jons website unless QVC has a special price offering...

Regular Contributor

Agee - very often the case on items sold elsewhere - same price on QVC than buying direct AND QVC nornally charges shipping.  Vendors also sometimes have coupons...so if it is not a QVC exclusive brand...look around before buying from here...usually not getting a deal