Frequent Contributor

It would really be nice to watch QVC in HD on Dish!

Dish has never offered QVC in HD as far as I know.  I have many HD channels on Dish and have for years but QVC is only offered in SD.  Bummer ! It would be nice to see the products offered with a little more resolution instead of the somewhat blurry pixelated images on channel 137. Not to mention the extra graphics you see on the 16 x 9 image.  Am I the only person that continues to be disappointed? Oh well, I will keep on hoping Dish and QVC work this out some time in the near future! 

Honored Contributor

Re: It would really be nice to watch QVC in HD on Dish!

When DISH first got HD Q was in HD. QVC has nothing to do with it not being in HD right now. I asked Tech at Dish long time ago what the deal with the HD channels. Has something to do with their space & how it's used. They put the HD on channels where they make more money. That's how it was explained to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Q has a local station here that shows in HD.    Reception is "iffy" at best (not on all the time.)   I stick to Q on my cable station.   I honestly can't tell the difference, and I have a pretty new TV.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Oh wow, there's a world of difference with my HD. Once in a while I hit SD on the Q, HSN or Evine, and the difference is remarkable. Its like the difference between an ancient Polaroid and the lates camera. I would really really hate to do w/o HD. It spoils you forever. Hope you get it soon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh wow. It seems odd that there isn't an HD version in your market.   We have pretty much every channel with an HD version, except for the channels now that play all old shows (e.g. true, antennatv, and another one I cannot remember - but there are probably several of them over all the markets).  Plus we don't have Logo in HD.  That's a bummer. I know it must exist because one week I re-watched a season of RuPaul's Drag Race on Netflix and it was all in HD.  That was much nicer!  Smiley Happy

I was so glad when Charter went to all HD instead of having separate boxes and charging more for it.  You can still have SD with the cable boxes, if you don't have an HDMI port or still have the old CRT TVs.  But it's nice that all the boxes now have HDMI.   They didn't even seem to roll anything out.  They just made the changes and either you figured it out or you didn't.  It was one time that it was good that I never stop thinking.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes I agree! I think it is odd that we don't have an HD option.

Valued Contributor

I have Time Warner Cable. None of the shopping channels are in HD. Quite a few of my other channels aren't either.      Wish they were.

Honored Contributor

Why?

Esteemed Contributor

I thought you paid for HD....