Honored Contributor

Re: It seems they are moving Rachel Boesing to the prime selling hours….

Rachel has been a tier one, prime hours host for quite some time now.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I don't watch much anymore, but they do appear to be pushing Ms. Boesing. Maybe she's paid her dues and has proved to be a success. Maybe there are other reasons or maybe it's a combination of factors. Who knows. Sandra is also seasoned and does an adequate job, though I can't say I've ever much enjoyed her presentation style.

Qvc is a retailer, they exist to make money.  The hosts that bring in the most money get the premium products and the lucrative hours.  It's always been that way.  She's also well rounded, she can sell anything from food to electronics to fashion to homegoods..  That isn't true for many hosts.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  - Agree with you that Rachel seems out of her element doing makeup shows.  She seems to have a passion for clothing, but perhaps not so much for makeup.  

Respected Contributor

I always feel like she's yelling/barking at me. But for those who enjoy her presentations, more power to you.

Super Contributor

Agree!  After having seen her do several cosmetic presentations I can say that she doesnt know much about cosmetics.  She can barely apply eye shadow. She doesnt have a clue!  She should stay far away from this category.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped    She started her hosting calm, cool and collected then it was obvious to the day that she was told to amp it up, put some excitement into her style and she changed, not for the better IMO, but I still like her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@pupwhipped    She started her hosting calm, cool and collected then it was obvious to the day that she was told to amp it up, put some excitement into her style and she changed, not for the better IMO, but I still like her.

Yes, @Kachina624, it seems QVC lit a firecracker under the derrieres of many of their hosts. Woman Frustrated But that stroke of genius move may end up backfiring on them.  

Respected Contributor

Good, I like her alot!

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped    Considering all we read is complaint after complaint about obnoxious hosts, I think you're right.  Funny, HSN doesn't seem to need to do that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

Agree!  After having seen her do several cosmetic presentations I can say that she doesnt know much about cosmetics.  She can barely apply eye shadow. She doesnt have a clue!  She should stay far away from this category.

I have seen Rachel twice as the host during hour long presentations of Belle Beauty. I'm fairly new here, but it was mentioned that Belle Beauty hour only comes on once a month. Both times I have seen it Rachel was the host, but I can't say if she is the only host they have ever had for this show. Both times it was presented as part of, or in addition to, the Belle with Kim Gravel 2 hour fashion presentation that is on Sunday night every week at 9:00 p.m. e.s.t.

She says that she usually uses Kim's make-up on air, and she looks fine whenever I see her throughout the week, but...during the Belle Beauty hour her demonstration of application of products in the moment when presenting seems a bit tentative & ummm...overdone...could be that it's hard to do in a hurry on camera.

Overall I like Rachel, and anyway I try to be generous when it comes to hosts in general...lord knows I couldn't do their job.