Respected Contributor

Re: It seems QVC has 4 channels NOW..

@homedecor1 AND, there is a rumor going around that QVC may be searching for Bob Bowersox and Steve Bryant to return as show hosts!!!!!!Smiley Happy 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Contributor

Yes, the endless shows of the same vendors repeating the same old sales pitches are ridiculous. So many clothing, skin care, shoes, accessories, home decor, security systems!!! No variety and way too much of the same vendors day after day, week after week! 

Valued Contributor

So now Jan Muller can be on 3 channels selling 3 overpriced products at the same time? 

Or Josie, or Jamie, or Lori, or...

They quit doing 1 channel the right way for more channels done the wrong way. Not anything I want to watch. 

And the idea of Bowersox or Bryant coming back to save the day doesn't have me waiting to tune it either. Two giant egos taking charge, please not again. Leave the ex hosts in the past. Neither left with glowing feelings from the company. 

They want to sell tons of stuff that has a big mark-up and that's cosmetics and some electronics. They also want the clothing that is in the $100.00 range.

Jewlery doesn't have the market it once had now that gold is over $1,000.00 an ounce. They upped the price on silver jewlery by sticking someone's name on it, but I don't think that sells as well as they would like. They used to call silver "The poor man's gold", but it's much too high in price to be a poor man's anything.  If it sold well there would be a lot more shows. 

Honored Contributor

Regarding those "coupons" at HSN:

It's useless to offer a 20% or 15% off coupon when you CAP the amount off something at $20 or $25. 

So I can use my 20% coupon off a $500 purchase and THEN you see it's for $25 max. Gee, thanks.

Compare that to ANY OTHER online company OR even EVINE where it's a true discount off the ENTIRE amount. Now, you do you think I'm going to purchase from? Exactly.

Honored Contributor

I've never looked at the other 3 channels.  Heck, I rarely watch the first channel anymore because the same products are repeated almost weekly.