Honored Contributor

Re: It seems QVC has 4 channels NOW..

@homedecor1 wrote:

@jpie 

I thought the same - guess it's all about the $$$ now.

I did notice Dooney is much higher & shipping certainly is a big factor now for me shopping HSN.

Long gone are the 20% coupons for sure☹️☹️☹️

It's always about the $$$ with big corporations.  Big businesses used to care about customers but that has changed a lot over the last 15 years.  

Trusted Contributor

There are HSN customers who absoutely refuse to buy from QVC, and vice versa.  So TPTB have decided to bring over certain lucrative product lines to test the waters, so to speak.  It's all about revenue, and they sell billions of dollars' worth of product so they know more than I do about such a thing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1:  Yes, this subject has been discussed many, many times.

Valued Contributor

I dont watch...its all too much! I used to enjoy Beauty IQ on occasion.  What  really IS the difference between channels 1, 2 and 3?  Except for JAI jewelry, I guess I can get anything I want anywhere else.  

Super Contributor

It is too much repetition for me, as well...I recognize this has been discussed ad infinitum on these boards, but am writing this in case management ever has an interest in why SOME Q shoppers have drifted away...there is just too much repeating of shows and vendors across the 4 channels. You would hope to see something different if the main channel isn't offering what you want...you flip to Q2 or Q3 or HSN/Q4 and often see what literally JUST aired on Q. Add to that endless hours of Josie Maran, and I stopped viewing regularly and shopping almost completely. I DID buy 3 things from Evine this year...some diversity there, at least, and Amazon too.

Trusted Contributor

Great! Now we can be 4 times as bored, annoyed and frustrated.

I won’t be buying or watching until they straighten up their act. 

Honored Contributor

There is no more Beauty IQ channel.  It is now Q3 and is all refuns.

HSN also has HSN2 that is nothing but reruns.

Esteemed Contributor

ha, yeah 4 channels but some of them only show "previously recorded" items so I never know if the pricing and availability are accurate. I don't watch that much of Q or HSN any longer. I check online. It is easier and less annoying although sometimes it is fun to see the item demonstrated.

Contributor

I agree, it's all too much of the same old stuff now on 2 different channels, musical vendors. I'm paying off my Qcard and not ordering again; HSN card is already paid off. And yes, I'm really tired of Josie Maran and IT cosmetics on for hours at a time. I just opened Evine card because my fave Serious Skincare moved over there and got stocked up on what I use. At least with Evine its not the same stuff you see on 2 or 3 other channels.
Esteemed Contributor

Actually FIVE channels... QVC, Q2, Beauty Q - reruns, HSN and HSN2 - reruns.  Wasting resources -- no wonder all items are getting so expensive.  I check channels every so often,  but rarely watch a whole show! Too much repetition - kind of like a broken record - on brands and products!!