Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's the time of year I turn off Q.

@KKJ wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

They do this every year, and every year it's clear that some love it and some hate it.  Same with other retail.  I haven't been in B&M stores in a long time, but i'd be willing to bet that some Christmas stuff is out already. It's been this way for many, many years, to the best of my recollection.

There really is no need to start a continue tirade of "I'm not watching."  Just do it.

That's what I keep saying about all the "I don't watch" JT threads. 

@KKJ 

I agree and if you notice it's usually the same posters over and over and over.

Honored Contributor

I will be watching and enjoying CIJ along with some Hallmark movies. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m not a fan but it must be successful or they wouldn’t do it.  I don’t watch the Christmas shows, be it QVC or Hallmark.  Hallmark shows nothing but Christmas movies for more than 6 months out of the year.  To me, it’s a bit much.  I miss the regular mysteries that are normally shown.   

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

QVC offers a wide variety of shows and could no way please every single person every single show. I watch more QVC in July for CIJ than any other time. I do buy all the so called "cheesy" products. BTW, my coworkers and family have told me for years some of their favorite gifts were from me, which all came from QVC. And, as I have left different departments at work I was told how sad they were as they would miss my gifts.  

In addition, my entire home is decorated for Christmas and people visit stating they just wanted to come look at my home. They all walk in the house in awe and say how amazing it is. 

QVC is not the only retailer promoting Christmas in July. Some networks are devoting hours and hours of Christmas movies. The world offers many choices so hopefully you can find exciting things to do elsewhere. 

Like I said... if you like it, go for it. I have a full life and am busier now than before I retired.  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

They do this every year, and every year it's clear that some love it and some hate it.  Same with other retail.  I haven't been in B&M stores in a long time, but i'd be willing to bet that some Christmas stuff is out already. It's been this way for many, many years, to the best of my recollection.

There really is no need to start a continue tirade of "I'm not watching."  Just do it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even those that disagree with you.

Trusted Contributor

I love the  Christmas In July shows because it is 110 plus degrees here and watching these shows makes me think of cool weather and snow, lol.

Valued Contributor

CLICK.  

Respected Contributor

I'll watch from time to time...maybe flip over during commercials. Not buying...I purged a lot of Christmas stuff last year (never was one to decorate every nook and cranny, anyway), and very much enjoyed what remained. BUT, I do like to see all the beautifully decorated trees, etc. on the sets. Little peeks make me anticipate the season more!

Respected Contributor

Agreed. I don’t want to hear about Christmas until November. So, I just won’t watch or buy anything. It us June for crying out loud. We just had the summer solstice this week.
Frequent Contributor

It's not even JULY!