Honored Contributor

Re: It's the time of year I turn off Q.

All the stuff on QVC is mass made China junk. 

Trusted Contributor

I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching the Christmas programming.  Watched last night with David and Jane and will be watching all weekend.  I Love it.  Clearly others do as well or they wouldn't do it.

I live in Florida where the heat indexes are oppressive.  I much prefer winter in Florida to summer in Florida so I will stay in the air conditioning and enjoy the programming. I am so looking forward to this weekend.

Trusted Contributor

QVC offers a wide variety of shows and could no way please every single person every single show. I watch more QVC in July for CIJ than any other time. I do buy all the so called "cheesy" products. BTW, my coworkers and family have told me for years some of their favorite gifts were from me, which all came from QVC. And, as I have left different departments at work I was told how sad they were as they would miss my gifts.  

In addition, my entire home is decorated for Christmas and people visit stating they just wanted to come look at my home. They all walk in the house in awe and say how amazing it is. 

QVC is not the only retailer promoting Christmas in July. Some networks are devoting hours and hours of Christmas movies. The world offers many choices so hopefully you can find exciting things to do elsewhere. 

Respected Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching the Christmas programming.  Watched last night with David and Jane and will be watching all weekend.  I Love it.  Clearly others do as well or they wouldn't do it.

I live in Florida where the heat indexes are oppressive.  I much prefer winter in Florida to summer in Florida so I will stay in the air conditioning and enjoy the programming. I am so looking forward to this weekend.

Me too! Bring it on!!

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder how many will be watching Hallmark Christmas in July movies.  They even have new ones.  Something for everyone

Respected Contributor

After last  October people (including me) ordering Christmas trees from QVC and never receiving them it's probably a good idea to order anything you want for Christmas now.  

I didn't watch last night.  I did check a few times but Jane turned me off.

And their selection of Christmas products and the quality of Christmas items has gone way down in recent years.  

Respected Contributor

thank you for letting us all know

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew  I agree with you.  But instead of Halloween I can't look at Christmas until after Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving is such a great holiday, the name says it all.  It's a battle to keep the meaning of Christmas alive among all the schlock thrown at us. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I love CIJ, also early Christmas Hallmark movies. Yes, show me lovely landscapes and snowmen. For a moment, it takes me away from the unbearable heat and drought I'm experiencing. CIJ is a reminder of something better to come. 

I usually purchase some gifts to put away for neighbors during this time, too. They are always well received. With careful shopping, they aren't cheesy, either. I've picked up some lovely items at good values. Works for me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it's your thing, go for it, the trappings of Christmas are simply no longer my thing and I'm not interested in 24-7 holiday programming for the next six months be it here, Hallmark or elsewhere.

As for the holiday tchotchkes, ask yourself what you're going to eventually do with this stuff. I just participated in a large yard sale and sold, for pennies on the dollar I might add, what amounted to an entire storage area of Christmas stuff. I kept a table top tree and one crate of ornaments, along with a couple of special decorative items. It's all I want at this point, as I have no interest in over-decorating for Christmas anymore. I might not even use the things I kept, as I increaingly lean toward setting a few wintery items around, putting out a beautiful seasonal floral arrangement and calling it done.

I can see adding the occasional special item, but am not one bit interested in kitsch. Rarely, do I see something with significant appeal being offered here. Too much of it is just too cutesy for me. One can find the same, similar or better at Homegoods and not pay the freight.

I haven't watched much QVC in recent years anyway, but I can tell you that endless Christmas is not going to be the thing that draws me in.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...