Honored Contributor

It's the time of year I turn off Q.

I do not watch any Christmas shows. They've offered the same cheesy products for years. It's almost as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm out.

Go for it if you like it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: It's the time of year I turn off Q.

I feel the same way!  I just came back from a beach vacation and the last thing I want to think about is Christmas!

Each year it's the same Chirstmas junk.  I can see getting a few new things each year...maybe filling in lights that no longer work or repalcing a few other items.   For the most part I need to cut down and get rid of things.

If I do get any new decor, I prefer to get something from an artisan at a craft show in the fall.  Certainly not cheap junk made in China.

Honored Contributor

Boy i agree with you, i think it is just awful ,they do this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Same. See you in January. I can't stand looking at Xmas stuff before Halloween. I like to enjoy the seasons without being rushed through them. I know a lot of people enjoy the early Xmas because they wouldn't be doing it if people didn't buy. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Me too! I don't even flip over during a commercial break!

Just think! We'll get the same break this month ....and the next, and the next.....

Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago I pared down my Christmas stuff. Now I put up a tree and a few items and that's it.  Nothing  fancy. I watch because it was 111 degrees yesterday and I'm looking for the summer coming to an end. The sooner the better. But I don't plan on buying. I too would rather get something unique rather than mass made China junk. I wonder how much of this was from last year that never made it in time because it sat on the docks for months waiting to be unloaded.

Valued Contributor

I used to enjoy Christmas in July when I was working but now that I am retired I don't decorate as much as I did before. I have tons of decorations collected from throughout the years, lol.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart   I understand that -  and I would assume QVC does, too.  After all-- many of us have different turn-offs.  I live my life in southern Florida now, but since very early in 2003 I was a snowbird, so year-round for a couple of decades now, I turn-off clothes, shoes, coats, and accessories which are really fall/winter.

I don't buy new CIJ offerings, but I don't buy Halloween or Easter or much of any other home decor.  Not from QVC, not anywhere -  after a lifetime of buying, I just don't need or want.

I'm happy that I don't have the slightest interest in most of what's for sale.  I certainly wouldn't say that I am saving money when I don't buy one kind of item.  I know I'm just concentrating my money where I want it to go now or where I need it to go now.  

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

I am another customer who totally agrees with your sentiments in your post.

Honored Contributor

They do this every year, and every year it's clear that some love it and some hate it.  Same with other retail.  I haven't been in B&M stores in a long time, but i'd be willing to bet that some Christmas stuff is out already. It's been this way for many, many years, to the best of my recollection.