Honored Contributor

It's not even the end of TG weekend and I am already tired of Christmas

The Q's ideas of gifts is not appealing. We HAD to run an errand on black Friday and I was surprised how empty the B and M parking lots looked. In fact the parking lot that looked the most busy was Goodwill.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

Re: It's not even the end of TG weekend and I am already tired of Christmas

I have to agree with you. I check my computer each day and see what's going on at the Q--and it's all too boring and uninteresting. I haven't even watched 10 minutes of the Q since Oct. All electronics and gadgets. Who needs them? Who wants them? It's almost the same on HSN. Poor selection of programs. I've done almost all my shopping online, gotten free shipping on almost every item and, in most cases, paid no tax. Why even watch TV? Plus, I've saved $$ by being able to comparison shop for items I want. I think the Q needs to rethink its "Christmas in July" and programs since. They've lost me.

Respected Contributor

I am tired of Christmas on QVC.  Almost everything is a big ticket item with an electric plug--not what I'm spending my money on.

I was in Macy's yesterday and got some great buys.  They had coupons in flyers ($10 off a $25 purchase) and I had a couple of those.  I ordered a percolator from Amazon on 11/25 and it arrived yesterday and I don't use Prime.

Already placed 2 online orders with Kohls.  One order was placed a week ago and it arrived already.  There are lots of shopping options out there.

Esteemed Contributor

Same here. I made one purchase from the Q in Oct., and it was a birthday gift that arrived late. I used to be a big buyer all year. Now, the Q begins Christmas in July and goes into full swing the end of September. No wonder we're tired. I'm not really tired of Christmas. I understand it's all about the birthday of Jesus. 

I Haven't watched the Q for months. When I surf on by, I usually see someone punching on some cheap toy with lights. They've succeeded in taking the Christmas out of Christmas. 

I enjoy each holiday one by one. I enjoyed Thanksgiving and have so much to be thankful for. I can't believe how much with good health and happiness being foremost. A blessed Christmas to all. 

Contributor

I totally agree. I now watch more HSN and EVINE where prices are more in line by far for gift giving than QVC. It almost becomes irritating just to watch how the Q is putting all their high price stuff on, one after another and every day. I go to the others and mainly all $30 and around that price. Q has everything in the $hundreds. Last night EVINE sold far over 100,000 of one item. Doesn't Q realize they are losing a lot of sales and gain more by the prices people want to pay for gifts??Rarely watch Q anymore or order.

Honored Contributor

It's a fact that each holiday season, more people are shopping online than the year before. This is at the expense of B&M stores and TV shopping channels. And it explains why shopping malls and retail stores are less crowded at this time of year than they used to be. The stores, and home shopping channels-- especially QVC-- need to become more price-competitive if they want to retain and regain market share.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

It's a fact that each holiday season, more people are shopping online than the year before. This is at the expense of B&M stores and TV shopping channels. And it explains why shopping malls and retail stores are less crowded at this time of year than they used to be. The stores, and home shopping channels-- especially QVC-- need to become more price-competitive if they want to retain and regain market share.

Yes, they do @handygal2 and with QVC that would include shipping. Not to beat a dead horse that I've noted elsewhere, but there were a number of items, both decorative and other, that I ended up purchasing elsewhere because of their expectation that I fork over higher than necessary shipping. In one case we're talking about two (light weight) flameless candles that they wanted five dollars each to ship. Huh? That adds ten dollars to the overall order... So not happening.

I also maintain that in order to be more competitive with more diverse segments of the potential audience, they're going to need to seriously mix it up. They've essentially been offering the same sorts of relatively mundane items during the holiday shopping season for too many years. If they do well with their high ticket computers, blenders, sound systems, cameras and so on, well then good for them, but there is a significant percentage of customers who simply aren't interested. More to the point, with 24 hours to program each day, the incessant repetition of even the same more modestly priced items is simply not drawing some of us in anymore. For a number of years, I did a fair amount of my Christmas shopping with QVC, but I'm doing increasingly little and this year, I think they account for exactly two gifts and one order for two decorative items. I'm not even watching it's so bad, and unless something changes, which I rather doubt, I won't be watching or ordering next year at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I'm not tired of Christmas, just QVC's boring, repetitive and dull programming. I haven't bought any Christmas presents from them. Did all mine at the stores. Got some great deals in Macy's and Kohls and a couple of other stores locally.
Contributor

I agree - I just don't understand why, with all this repetitive programming - they just don't record and reshow it instead of paying show hosts to sit there and say the same thing over & over.  In which case it could be renamed the infomercial channel.  It's mostly higher priced items and if you're not shopping for them it's pointless to watch.

Also, they need to do something about shipping costs. I wanted to buy four scarf sets and they wanted to charge me $20 for shipping. I bought similar items at Kohl's and got them shipped for free.