Respected Contributor

It's not easy to get the right size

Seems like I always get the wrong size, usually too big. 

If your hips measure the same as on the "click here" measurements for a size, is that the size you should get, or would it be too small?  The pants are cotton/spandex, so they could shrink.

Obviously I'm overthinking this, but I don't want a return.

Honored Contributor

Re: It's not easy to get the right size

I pretty much quit purchasing pants on QVC, impossible to get the right size.   There are several different pair I would like to try but not worth the expense.

I am 5.5 and wear a 10-12, some pants I own are an 8. Usually the rise is to long.

I buy for my thigh area, and then the waist is huge...to much even if I use a belt.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue    No, you would not buy the same size as the click here measurements.  You need several inches more for "ease".  You know, how your lower body spreads when you sit down?  Best thing to do is measure a well fitting pair of pants from your own closet and try to match those measurements, taking into account the amount of stretch in both.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

If your hips measure the same as on the "click here" measurements for a size, is that the size you should get, or would it be too small?  The pants are cotton/spandex, so they could shrink.

click here are actual garment measurements, not the body, measure a pair of pants that fit you well and compare to the click here info

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Another new name Sue    No, you would not buy the same size as the click here measurements.  You need several inches more for "ease".  You know, how your lower body spreads when you sit down?  Best thing to do is measure a well fitting pair of pants from your own closet and try to match those measurements, taking into account the amount of stretch in both.

@Kachina624  If I did that my pants would be falling off of me.  I go by the hip measurement.  I have a 38" lower hip and I go by the size that corresponds with that measurement.  Particularly if the fabric has a lot of give & stretch.

Other sizes that I go by are the knee circumference.  I hate when pants are so skinny that they are hugging my knee and you can see my knee cap outline.  I also check the front & back rise.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue 

Thats why I stopped buying clothes from QVC because the sizing is so inconsistent and my weight and body shape havent changed---but the fit of QVC clothing is way off---Ive tried sizing up, sizing down-------I got tired of returning and losing the cost of the original shipment.

Funny how I can buy certain brands from Macy's and Dillards online in different styles---the fit is always perfect!!!! 🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I think sizing is inconsistent all over.  I remember going into a store to shop for pants and taking several of the same size and color and the fit was different for several. 

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I don't think you're over thinking it, I always check the "click here" as a start.  But then what's the fabric, knit, weave, with any spandex?  I've gotten LOGO with 2% and other pants at 16%.  I sent the 2% back because they had almost no give whatsoever, I could have gone down a size with the 16%.  

Those with a fair amount of spandex, may show the waistband and the extended waistband measurement. That gives you a much better idea of how much stretch. 

That pretty much goes for everything, knits and spandex are much more forgiving fabrics.  Weaves not so much. (linen almost none unless it has spandex.)

Yes, you want to try and get the right size, because often they sell out of all the other sizes, and you don't have the option of exchanging it. 

Valued Contributor

I have never understood why hosts don't incorporate the GARMENT MEASUREMENTS for each item and how to interpret to make a good choice; for example some waists are cut slimmer than others and the fabric stretch-or not-could make a difference. To me the generic size charts are useless. I have to keep my measurements handy and be real. It's not foolproof either.
Esteemed Contributor

When I purchase tops I always use the chest measurements but it still does not work even if you are purchasing from the same line. 

I purchased a CCB top in a size large. It's a little tight, but I am watching what I eat, so I hope for a better fit.

I purchased another CCB top in large. It's too big. Wore to work on Wednesday and received a ton of compliments, but I am going to return and size down, hopefully that fits better. 

It's all over the place, even when you take the time and try to order correctly to avoid returns.