Valued Contributor

Every time I turn on qvc, it's Rachael on the gourmet show. OMGSmiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

She might be the only person they can get to consume all of that food.

I can't imagine having to eat so much food.  I wonder if they take a poll and see who's willing to consume all of that food plus I would think some hosts don't like certain foods.

I wonder if anyone in the group is a vegetarian?

I meant to say she seems fine to me.  She doesn't go on and on about her kids (she has none) or her family, etc.

Honored Contributor

It seems she was hired to present items and that is what she is doing.  When you are employed, you need to do what your employer wants.

It's Holiday and game time.  There is always a ton of food presented this time of the year.  I don't see a problem here.

What am I missing?

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

It seems she was hired to present items and that is what she is doing.  When you are employed, you need to do what your employer wants.

It's Holiday and game time.  There is always a ton of food presented this time of the year.  I don't see a problem here.

What am I missing?

I know, and if you just have a little of everything, it's not a big deal.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

what ever happened to semi new host Mary, blond hair?

Honored Contributor

@Steeler 20  Do you mean Mary Nelson?  She left a few months ago.  Moved back to where her family resides, was it Nebraska?  In the Midwest, in any case.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bella2022 - The Gourmet Holiday shows are frequently aired during the final three months of the year as special "miniseries" presentations, and Rachel is one of the main cohosts (along with Alberti) year round. I'm afraid you'll continue to see a lot of this host and this programming for another week or so.

Personally, even though I find this host to be very unprofessional and even rude at times, I'll still take some of the food shows and antics over a lot of the random "gift shows" and continuous lengthy repeat presentations of the TSV and Big Deal...

Honored Contributor

Well yesterday's Gourmet Food Show was the last one for the rest of this year, so you have a reprieve.

But understand, if QVC assigned Rachel as one of the primary food hosts, it's you, not QVC that needs to change.  Try what I do, don't watch the food shows, and just go online for the specific items you may want to see.

Esteemed Contributor

The Program Guide is helpful to see when Gourmet Holiday is being aired and the online guide also indicates who will be hosting/cohosting.  You seem to be turning your TV on only when Gourmet Holiday is showing and Rachel is hosting.

Honored Contributor

She eats because that is what she's told to do.   The producer is also in her ear telling her to eat.  Let it go.