Honored Contributor

Re: It's going to be hard for me when the older hosts leave.

I don't have an emotional attachment nor do I think hosts are my "friends", but if a host has a pleasant personality, is calm, has a nice speaking voice, and is well informed about the products and if I like the merchandise category (home decor, Christmas, fashion, kitchen gadgets) I will watch and maybe make a purchase........

I want them to show personality, but cannot abide silliness and drama ...I dont like hosts that are narcissistic, or those that interrupt the vendor and talk about their family constantly-

I do enjoy the shows/presentations of some of the older hosts---Leah, Carolyn, Dan Hughes, Mary Beth, Pat....And I also enjoy watching Gabrielle, Nancy, Katie McGee..I also enjoy Mary Nelson and dont have a problem with her voice...

Some hosts just turn me and QVC's channel OFF!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Not me, I'm all for young, new and progress. Younger people are not going to buy D&Co. from CG or fashions from MBR.

Honored Contributor

You've never worked retail, have you?

If you want to be successful selling,  you have to make an effort to know your buyers, connect with them.  I want them to return for another sale, too.

That's what I call "feelings" in the retail world.

Give your customer a good feeling, it's a win/win

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I never have  feelings for a paid salesperson.  Good bye...

Respected Contributor

I’ve never planned my viewing around a specific host. However, I’ve certainly turned the channel because I couldn’t take the host, even if I was interested in the merchandise. I refuse to listen to nonsense, be shouted at, have silly girls tell me what to wear to lunch or to the pumpkin patch, or watch grown men get giddy over dust mops, glitter, or a bite of macaroni. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

Between sharing a t.v. with my retired husband, and working all day myself, I don't have a lot of time to watch anything... especially QVC.  

Well, DH is out of town for a couple of weeks and I recorded a show with Jayne and Pat. I didn't much care what they were presenting, it was nice to see them together again. It felt like a visit with old friends.

It made me realize that I'm more likely to watch a QVC show if it's an older host with whom I feel a connection.  The younger hosts are mostly lovely, but I find it hard to relate to them.  I'm thinking that when the older hosts and vendors leave or retire, I won't watch anymore.  I know it's silly, but I have to admit that it makes me kind of sad.

@house_cat 

TOTALLY agree!  A few weeks ago I realized I've been ordering a lot less, and it's because I don't watch as much when the "older"( nothing to do with age btw) hosts aren't presenting. I really like most of the older hosts, it is comfortable, and familiar, but I enjoy their style, presentation.

I don't watch all of the older hosts either, there are a few that don't interest me) I  usually see who's hosting, and if it's most of the newer- from a few years ago to present-  (though there are a few "newish" ones I will watch; Mary Nelson, Katie McGee, and one more, can't remeber her name) honestly am not interested in the rest., then I won't stay tuned.  

While they are pleasant, etc., I can't tell you why specifically, but I don't find them interesting, maybe ..overreacting, or too excitable....I don't know.  something about the new hosts beginning a few years ago up to now, for the most part, haven't made me stay and watch their shows.

Maybe it's how they've been trained, maybe they're told to present that way, although I know Marybeth has trained a few and she doesn't present that way, and some of the ones (I only know of a few) she's trained do not present that way either. 

So, I guess my bank account is thanking QVC!  But when the older hosts finally leave, I'll probably depart with them.  Hated seeing Dan Wheeler and Jill leave. 

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Super Contributor

It's not silly at all!   Haven't all of us watched a tv show or moive and cried at the death of a character or a sad story line.  We become invested even in a 2 hour movie or tv series.  So it's natural to become familiar with hosts we "grew up with" so to speak.    They are comfortable..we know what to expect..we share some history with them.   Some of the newer hosts are growing on me as they get better in their role and I see them more.  Some of the newer hosts I simply can't tolerate and so I change the channel.  There are also a few hosts that have been around longer that aren't for me..too loud, too much laughing, etc.  But not every host will be a match for every customer.  

So, I think we give the new folks a chance.  Amy Stran, Katie McGee, Mary D., Kristine, Ali Carr  are nice additions to the goup of Mary Beth, Jayne, Pat, Jane ,Leah, and Carolyn (to name a few of the "older" female hosts.)  Kerstin is a bit much for me--the body hugging, skin showing attire just isn't my style (although I respect that she has a very fit body). Rachel never really grew on me.  Same with Antonella.  But it's likely that folks posting on this thread find Kerstin, Rachel, Antonella their absolute favorites.  Great!

Sometimes QVC is more about having a voice we know share time than it is about spending money.  Sometimes it provides background noise to fall aslepp to, or chatter so that the house isn't so quiet, or just a way to turn off my busy mind--and I like doing that with hosts I "know"

Anyway--not silly at all! Totally understandable--and I agree!

Trusted Contributor

Remember the long countdown to Jill leaving? Can you imagine all the hooplah when MBR leaves?!
Trusted Contributor

The last two groups of hosts - don't watch them, cannot tell you their names.  The senior hosts - I can probably recite their life stories.  You spend 29 years (shopping at the Q since 1990) with anyone and there is a connection - even if it is just on one side.  At least there is social media to see what the departed hosts are doing.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia 

@Newgate 

Thanks for the suggestion. We have a tv upstairs, but DH is alone a lot and I'm not about to leave him alone just so I can watch a t.v. show. If there's something I want to see, he's okay with that, but there rarely is.  Also, I'm always awake at least a couple of hours before he is, so if there's anything I want to watch I prefer to record it and watch it without his commentary, lol.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

This past Sunday, I was interested in the Sharke TSV. I had watched several presentations, but I am sorry QVC the on air rep from sharke, IMO was not very good.  She kept showing the same stupid functions over and over and over again.  Primarily, that when the vacuum went over hair how the hair would not wrap around the brush head. An important point but can you expand. 

I ran a few errands, return home and Mary Beth Roe was on. I truly understand why they have her do a lot of the training with the newer hosts. MBR repeatedly asked questions that I as a potential customer wanted to know. Showed features, that I wanted to use, and  just did her job and sold it to me. I ended up purchasing. 

I am sorry you just do not get that from most of the newer hosts, and even some that have been with the "Q"  for several years.