Honored Contributor

It's going to be hard for me when the older hosts leave.

Between sharing a t.v. with my retired husband, and working all day myself, I don't have a lot of time to watch anything... especially QVC.  

Well, DH is out of town for a couple of weeks and I recorded a show with Jayne and Pat. I didn't much care what they were presenting, it was nice to see them together again. It felt like a visit with old friends.

It made me realize that I'm more likely to watch a QVC show if it's an older host with whom I feel a connection.  The younger hosts are mostly lovely, but I find it hard to relate to them.  I'm thinking that when the older hosts and vendors leave or retire, I won't watch anymore.  I know it's silly, but I have to admit that it makes me kind of sad.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's going to be hard for me when the older hosts leave.

@house_cat  I totally agree.   I have lost interest myself and feel the same way as you when I catch a show with one of the "old timers" on!   It's too bad there have been so many changes.  Also many hosts have moved on to other things that are not old enough to retire.

Respected Contributor

I don’t even know who most of the new host are. 

I am sure they are lovely but I just can’t watch most of them.☹️

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

i agree that some of these new hosts are lovely.  some of them are actually a pleasure to watch.   for me, watching one of my favorite long time hosts is very comfortable and enjoyable.  i'm not always ready to purchase something, but sitting and watching leah  (for example) with a nice cup of coffee is more about relaxing.  

Honored Contributor

I used to watch QVC a lot more than I do now.  When I do turn it on I'm not sure who the host is or who is the vendor.  I lost interest more because of the SOSO products and high prices.  Never watched it for entertainment or to be with "friends."

Honored Contributor

I never have  feelings for a paid salesperson.  Good bye...

Honored Contributor

My favorites are Pat, Jayne, Leah & Carolyn.  I just enjoy their personalities the most.

Contributor

Mary Beth is the only one I will miss. The rest are insincere.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I never have  feelings for a paid salesperson.  Good bye...

I met some of the kindest people when I was selling!

I thought the world of them and even though they bought things from me I hope they felt the same way about me.

It was in real life and not on tv so maybe that makes a difference?

Respected Contributor

@house_cat      Get yourself another TV to watch.  Why share one with your DH?  I would have gone crazy if I didn't have my own TV as my husband and I rarely agree on what to watch.