Valued Contributor

Re: It's EP Day... so true to form, the website went way wonky...

my iPad is acting up here NOW
Super Contributor

I ordered around midnight the night before, so no problems getting order in. I'm glad because on EZPAYDAY, QVC was down online and phone. I did want a few more things but gave up and went to bed, so yes I too saved some money.

Honored Contributor

I sat up until after midnight the night before too. I didn't want to, and don't feel it should've been necessary, but anticipated there would be issues. Still, later in the day I wanted to add a couple of small items and after many attempts, lots of wasted time and frustration, I finally was able to. Again, in my opinion, it shouldn't have required so much effort. I might have gone back to the well for a final item, but decided to skip it because of the problems. If the goal is to sell, I'm not sure this is the way to go about it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I placed two orders at 9:30 pm CST. Orders went through easily, but never received email confirmation. When I went in to check, orders did not appear. I also saw during the last hour and a half of 5 EZ Pay day that the QVC website was overwhelmed. Unfortunately, like me, many people decided to wait until end of day to place their orders. QVC did have my orders and confirmed them in the middle of the night with their usual email. QVC customers, like me, probably thought all day exactly what they wanted - then placed their orders prior to the change of the day.

Honored Contributor

Hey Stevie....yep I experienced problems with the website too and ordered while the show was on. I ended up using automated ordering to get my order to go through....SHEESH!

And I had problems again ordering Or Paz through the website yesterday too...again, automated ordering came to the rescue....signed on to get the item number and did my thing thru that system....Do they want us to purchase items through QVC or not...they are making it difficult....SHEESH! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 6/11/2014 SPURT said:

Hey Stevie....yep I experienced problems with the website too and ordered while the show was on. I ended up using automated ordering to get my order to go through....SHEESH!

And I had problems again ordering Or Paz through the website yesterday too...again, automated ordering came to the rescue....signed on to get the item number and did my thing thru that system....Do they want us to purchase items through QVC or not...they are making it difficult....SHEESH! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Yep, it was a little wonky even yesterday and as of today it looks like they've made website changes, which might well have been in process when we were trying to access the site during EP Day... Honestly, does QVC ever think anything through where the website is concerned...?! Does make you wonder, doesn't it, if sales are actually somehow secondary to 'spin' for dear moms...

Honored Contributor

On 6/11/2014 stevieb said:
On 6/11/2014 SPURT said:

Yep, it was a little wonky even yesterday and as of today it looks like they've made website changes, which might well have been in process when we were trying to access the site during EP Day... Honestly, does QVC ever think anything through where the website is concerned...?! Does make you wonder, doesn't it, if sales are actually somehow secondary to 'spin' for dear moms...

And how about all these shows that are being moved online---perhaps too much for their website to handle....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well, what do you expect? ANY website can accomodate only so many users at any given time.

(I don't know about anyone else, but I spent a bit of time online browsing ... )

Seriously ...... Just how many thousands and thousands of people do you think should be able to be on the website at any given moment? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Regular Contributor

Even the phone lines were busy. So yes they had lots of folks both online and on the phone. This was an off pay week for me, so I didn't have any extra money, and I had not planned for it, so just as well.

Honored Contributor

On 6/11/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Well, what do you expect? ANY website can accomodate only so many users at any given time.

(I don't know about anyone else, but I spent a bit of time online browsing ... )

Seriously ...... Just how many thousands and thousands of people do you think should be able to be on the website at any given moment? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Then perhaps rethinking the concept of hording Easy Pays except for twice a year should be considered... There are also such things as mirror sites and extra operators... Let's face it, they know this is coming every year and every year there are glitches. There seemed to be more this year than in recent memory...