Frequent Contributor

It finally happened, or didn't happen . . .

I have been TV shopping for maybe 30 years and, in all that time, there was never an order that did not arrive, sometimes a bit late.    Finally, there was a ring my husband wanted to get me for Valentine's Day, from JTV.  He has never suggested "if you want it, I will get it for you for Valentine's."   So, we used his credit card, wasn't that expensive, $79.99 plus tax.   Long story short, ordered on the 14th and has never arrived.  I contacted JTV by phone, a very disinterested lady said to wait 21 days and was no help whatsoever.  I have since been on their Chat line and email and got more help.  Apparently, you don't wait 21 days but, they are going to mail me a form to make a claim.  So far, three days later and the form has not yet arrived.

Anyone gone through all this with JTV???   What can I expect?   Will my hubby (who is quite annoyed) get a refund?    I hope so.  The ring isn't that great really - not worth all the aggro !!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: It finally happened, or didn't happen . . .

If they give you a hard time, just file a dispute with your CC company.  I quit cc shopping years ago with ShopHQ because they wanted a notarized claim.  All of that is just to discourage  you from demanding a refund.  Makes you appreciate QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Did you ever get a tracking number?  I've never ordered from them so not familiar.  I know Shop HQ takes a long time to process their orders.

Honored Contributor

That is disturbing. I have ordered about a dozen times over the last few years with no problem. I guess I've been lucky. I agree with whoever advised you to dispute it with your credit card company.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A nice demantoid ring I ordered from them was stolen out of the package before it arrived.  The empty ring box was there, the receipt was missing, and the bottom of the bag was slit open and loosely re-taped.

I was very upset, as I always wanted a nice demantoid.  I took the package to the post office, took photos, filled in a report, and called JTV.

They could not have been nicer.  They only had one ring like it left, but it was not my size.  They re-sized it, and I had it within 3 days.

Hope you also have a good result.

@lovemyparrot 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

All over the news are stories about delayed shipping. Coronavirus, reduced work staff, bad weather, post office stacked mailrooms, etc. have all had an effect.

I have a jewelry item from QVC that was shipped Feb. 16 and is floating around somewhere.

You SHOULD be able to check the tracking information.

You can either patiently wait or ask for a refund, and then when/if the item is delivered, return the item or ask to be charged.

The companies are not disinterested--they are just overwhelmed themselves by issues way beyond their control.

These past two years have been quite unique!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

All over the news are stories about delayed shipping. Coronavirus, reduced work staff, bad weather, post office stacked mailrooms, etc. have all had an effect.

I have a jewelry item from QVC that was shipped Feb. 16 and is floating around somewhere.

You SHOULD be able to check the tracking information.

You can either patiently wait or ask for a refund, and then when/if the item is delivered, return the item or ask to be charged.

The companies are not disinterested--they are just overwhelmed themselves by issues way beyond their control.

These past two years have been quite unique!

@FancyPhillyshopper 

My local tv station website has an article that started running yesterday about the USPS still being so backed up with packages from all the online ordering and still trying their best to catch up. One spokes person referred to the amount over the holidays as historical volumes.

Respected Contributor

Did you order it on 2/14? That's just 2 1/2 weeks ago. Not an an unusual amount of time for any purchase to take these days. As far as the claim form not being delivered in 3 days things don't happen overnight. A friend of mine just received a Valentine card the other day that was mailed and postmarked 21 days prior.