Contributor

It doesn't cost you to try??

[ Edited ]

Today I heard a host claim that "it doesn't cost you to try".

That is patently untrue and should not be part of any sales presentation on QVC. 

New customers will be in for a surprise if they decide to return their purchase. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It doesn't cost you to try??

Yes, I don't know who they are trying to kid, but it absolutely costs to try, not only in money, but in time and frustration if the item does not work out.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

When I am looking at a return I  first of take 10 dollars of my total to see if it's worth the hassel. It does cost you something. That's why I turn the volume off sometimes when I watch the Q.

Honored Contributor

That's not a good thing to happen to new customers.

I always check all that info out before I buy online but doubt if everyone does that.

I also like how they say how many & how much e-z pay is but the total does not include tax or S&H. That's not free either.

Esteemed Contributor

I just had to return three bags of items ....$30.00 bucks for the privilege to try them....not a good thing to say that it cost nothing to try...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just returned 3 of the same (different colors) Isaac Mizrahi's t-shirts - and it cost me almost $16. QVC charged me $9.00 to send it to me ($3. for each t-shirt) - and $6.45 return shipping. NEVER again!!!!! It's more costly to return SHOES and heavier items.

Esteemed Contributor

Just wondering - why so many returns?   Is it the sizing or the quality or something else?    I know I'm not impressed with a lot of the quality any more.  (cheap - thin fabric)

Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Just wondering - why so many returns?   Is it the sizing or the quality or something else?    I know I'm not impressed with a lot of the quality any more.  (cheap - thin fabric)

My experience has been inconsistency in sizing. Two pairs of identical pants, same size, different colors. One fits, the other is huge. 

Trusted Contributor

That is a very misleading statement.  They shouldn't tell viewers that.

Trusted Contributor

I cannot help but wonder how much is incocistent sizing and how much is people wanting to try multiple colors and sizes of an item.  The solution, of course, if QVC really is inconcistent in sizing, is to stop ordering; however, people here complaing of returning things over and over again (one would think they would learn their lesson).

If one is hard to fit (many people are -- including myself), then online shopping may not be for you. 

As far as having to pay for shipping, if you don't -- you the person who  ought the item -- then the costs are passed along to everyone else (those who did not buy the item).  How is that fair?  Why should we subsidize your shopping?