Honored Contributor

...for Antonella to be “enthusiastic” without being LOUD, and impossible for her to be LOUD without her voice rising to shriek-y/cackle-y.  She’s fine when she uses her “inside voice.” But increasingly, she’s using her “outside voice”, where you apparently need to scream across the set/yard/park/football field all the time. Antonella, most of your “outside” sets are inside, on sound stages. The people at home can hear you fine, and the vendor doesn’t need you to be bellowing in his ear.

I started out enjoying watching her do a melange of gifts, but she got “excited” fairly early on and there’s no turning back I guess. Now on Mute and about to give up. No great tragedy, either for me or QVC, but it’s kinda sad that the hosts are so pushed that they become something they normally aren’t when they’re not stressed.

Quit with the sell-sell-sell, push-push-push dumped on the heads of the hosts and they won’t feel so desperate/afraid of losing their jobs that they have to do a Jekyll/Hyde thing to the point that Jekyll vanishes. They shouldn’t need to do that. A very few hosts resist it, but the sad ones to me are the good hosts (including newer ones) pressured into being hysterical.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

This craziness starts every Christmas.  Unfortunately Christmas lasts 3 months at QVC. 

Honored Contributor

I rarely enjoy watching any of the hosts and have cut my Q viewing to practically never.  I dont want or need that kind of racket in my home.  Cheap, sleezy, sales tactics need not appear here.   🚫

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

This craziness starts every Christmas.  Unfortunately Christmas lasts 3 months at QVC. 

I honestly don’t think it has anything to do with Xmas, it’s just QVC’s corporate decision for all their hosts to ramp up Hard Sell tactics 24/7/365. I’ve seen it for a year, at least. Pressure from TPTB to sell more than ever before, to be constantly pushing and stressing over sales presentations to achieve almighty numbers. I feel sorry for the hosts - all of them. There are several new hosts who could/would be much more appealing if they weren’t so strident in their sales pitches, and some older hosts that are being driven to bizarre/unusual for them behavior. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass  Please correct that to six months!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that she is much louder now.

Respected Contributor

Well they are in the business of selling.

Honored Contributor

It took Antonella years to develop the Q shriek and now I can't watch her.She used to be my favorite host, I loved her jewelry shows.

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

Well they are in the business of selling.

People all over the world sell millions of items, and millions of dollars worth of mdse, every day without raising their voice above a normal speaking tone. It’s the rule rather than the exception. QVC’s salespeople have become infomercial barkers these days, not much more.

The ability to sell has nothing to do with how loud you can crank it up, or how frantic and OTT you can get.

Honored Contributor

Re: It Seems Impossible

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde

I feel a bit sorry for the hosts pressured to use these tactics especially when QVC doesnt give much for them to work with....how would we feel hawking the same items over and over when obviously they've reached their sales saturation point.  Even the usually pleasant and calm Mary Beth seems pushy lately.....I never liked that high pressure sales tactic....if QVC wants less sales they've NAILED IT!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”