Respected Contributor

Re: It Has Begun — Mirrored Programming

I dont need more than ONE of any Shopping Network LOL

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@corita wrote:

I think that is part of David's selling game. "Hurry up, the red is selling out" or "We just sold 200 out of the 500 we have in stock, they will soon be sold out"!!  Drives me nuts and that is when I pick up the remote and change channels...

Yes, David's shtick is so old, I wonder who falls for it.  Does anyone?  Maybe the seniorest of seniors!

@ValuSkr  @corita 

Also going through the colors over and over and over ....makes me grab the remote....  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Winkk 

Thanks for the article link. Amazing how much can change in only a year. QVC France is gone and so is Beauty IQ. There's been plenty of layoffs at HSN and a big QVC P.A. warehouse is scheduled to close as QVC opens a bigger one somewhere else in P.A. Nothing like slashing and burning your way to success, eh? 

Now it's onward and upward for Qurate (pronounced curate) as they count on artificial intelligence to lure in and keep new and old customers!

https://nrf.com/blog/how-tech-evolving-customer-experience-hsn-qvc-and-zulily

How tech is evolving the customer experience at HSN, QVC and Zulily

@TY 

I dont understand why Amazon would go along with this AI and Alexa is even a featured product on QVC now and again...there has to be an ulterior motive by Amazon behind all this....There was something that Apple did to prevent a rival from taking advantage of their technology....Seems like Amazon would do the same...hmmmmm

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

I imagine that Qurate would have to make some kind of business arrangement with Amazon to get Alexa to promote QVC's TSVs and same with Google too. I think it's really more about data mining to get a customer to open their wallet, bottom line.