Regular Contributor

It Cosmetics Eye Mascara

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else noticed that these models are wearing false lashes? That is false advertising for selling a mascara. Your natural lashes will not look that long.

Honored Contributor

@queen75 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that these models are wearing false lashes? That is false advertising for selling a mascara. Your natural lashes will not look that long.

@queen75   I’m not sure if it’s falsies or just too many coats of primer under a very lumpy, bumpy thick mascara. Either way, it’s a not a look I’d want. 

Regular Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@queen75   I’m not sure if it’s falsies or just too many coats of primer under a very lumpy, bumpy thick mascara. Either way, it’s a not a look I’d want. 

@Shanus 

Trust me those are false eyelashes. This makes me so angry and it is not just QVC. 

Honored Contributor

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus 

Trust me those are false eyelashes. This makes me so angry and it is not just QVC. 

@queen75   Print ads are now required to add a disclaimer if lash extensions or falsies are used.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus 

@queen75   Print ads are now required to add a disclaimer if lash extensions or falsies are used.

I agree.  It has to be shown they are false eye lashes.  I'm sure the models they pick for eye makeup has to have long, thick lashes.  I had a childhood friend who always looked she had tons of mascara on.  But it was her natural eye lashes.  Because of that, she never used eye makeup. Elizabeth Taylor was born with 2 sets of eyelashes on the top & bottom of each eye.  My son has very thick eyelashes (and eyebrows) 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus 

I agree.  It has to be shown they are false eye lashes.  I'm sure the models they pick for eye makeup has to have long, thick lashes.  I had a childhood friend who always looked she had tons of mascara on.  But it was her natural eye lashes.  Because of that, she never used eye makeup. Elizabeth Taylor was born with 2 sets of eyelashes on the top & bottom of each eye.  My son has very thick eyelashes (and eyebrows) 

@songbird   No haters. My brows, well you all know my caterpillar brows and my lashes are the same...long, thick and black...even though my hair went white/silver at 30.

Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics Eye Mascara

[ Edited ]

It angers me as well. How can they believe we are that gullible?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus 

@Shanus  @queen75 

Ive noticed that on TV ads for mascara that they have a message that the models are wearing false eye lashes ....QVC should do the same.......

And for what its worth IT mascara made my eyes burn....even cheap drug store brands never did that.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@queen75 in my mind the IT brand is generously over-rated.

Honored Contributor

Check out pic of DD’s eye wearing Superhero mascara correctly...no falsies added. I just posted it on Beauty Forum. She wears only one coat.